Senior Director, Technical Support Engineering
Datadog is seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented Director to join our high-growth organization and cutting-edge Technical Support Engineering team. We are Datadog's in-house product experts. The Technical Support Engineering team enables Datadog's worldwide growth by educating potential clients and ensuring that existing customers are happy and successful. We share our technical and product expertise with customers via multi-channel technical support, demos, and presentations. You’ll be joining a team and company where you will create solutions to complex problems, and will immediately witness your contributions to Datadog.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage, develop, and mentor a team of Regional Directors across North America, who in turn manage different levels of leadership and Technical Support Engineers. Our TSEs respond to client requests, reproduce and troubleshoot issues, and dive into Datadog’s 400+ integrations across all product offerings.
- Work closely with leaders across your reporting structure to oversee and drive innovation and initiatives across the team – with a resolute focus on customer experience.
- Align with Global VP on department strategy and operating plan for the Global Support organization as we continue to scale our team globally.
- Liaise with other leadership, as well as cross-functional leadership (Technical Post-Sales, Sales Engineering, Sales, Customer Success, Engineering, Product, and more) to tackle urgent matters, strategic initiatives, and to implement workflow improvements that help ensure smooth overall operation.
- Work with VP, Recruiting, Growth Strategy, and Finance to plan for annual operating plan, including headcount needs, determining areas of growth, and guide hiring strategy accordingly.
- Assist with incident response during outages/incidents when necessary as an escalation point, communicating with customers and providing info to internal teams.
- Conduct regular 1:1’s with team members to provide constructive feedback and skills development.
Who You Are:
- Passionate about people management and mentorship with previous experience leading a team of 150+ employees across multiple locations
- A critical thinker who defaults to a client-centric approach and uses data to make informed decisions
- Experienced in successful implementation of process and procedure in a scaling region
- Provides direction to senior managers in various areas, groups, and/or operations
- Develops successful partnerships with Recruiting to raise the bar on hiring for your team
- Self-motivated, detail-attentive, and have a desire for continuous learning
- Someone with a high EQ and soft skills, with exceptional written and oral communication
- Able to think creatively about a wide variety of challenges.
- Current or recent experience (within the last 2-3 years) working in a Support Engineering or adjacent function within an enterprise technology environment
- Able to work onsite in an office location at least 3 days a week
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- Best-in-breed onboarding
- Generous global benefits
- Intra-departmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- An inclusive company culture, able to join our Community Guilds and Inclusion Talks
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $212,000.00 - $311,000.00, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.