Engineering Manager I - Release Platforms
Engineering Manager 1 - Release Platforms
The Release Platforms team provides the internal platform that engineers at Datadog use to deploy their code and services at-scale. We’ve built an internal platform that enables safe, cadenced and automated releases with a fully tailored user experience.
As the Engineering Manager for the Orchestration Core team within Release Platforms, you’ll have the opportunity to work directly with our internal users across engineering to build the future of the platform, in order to make the experience of releasing software at Datadog safer, faster, and more joyful.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead and mentor a team of software engineers
- Help evolve our software release workflow management platform from a set of mature tools into an extensible platform
- Work directly with internal customers to understand and prioritize their needs
- Identify and create safer and more reliable default rollout patterns, leveraging data
- Work closely with our UI/UX team and designers to create new backend platform features which support a delightful user experience
- Setting and raising the technical bar for building fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Scaling the system to support growth into new and more complex environments
Who You Are:
- You have 2+ years of experience as a people manager or technical leader with strong mentorship skills. An ideal candidate will have experience in career development, performance management, tracking and optimizing team efficiency, OKRs, and hiring.
- You have experience with building or coaching engineers who are building large, multi-region distributed systems
- You have experience with incident management
- Familiarity with Golang and Kubernetes
- Empathy, collaboration, and communication
- Bonus: Knowledge of Temporal or similar workflow orchestration systems
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $187,000 to $240,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.