Payroll Specialist - New York
Datadog is seeking a Payroll Specialist to keep up with our rapidly growing company. As a Payroll Specialist, you will support the US payroll process for over 3000 employees. Direct responsibilities will include facilitating the semi monthly payroll for salaried exempt and nonexempt employees. The Payroll Specialist will review accuracy and partner closely with senior team leads to ensure payrolls are processed in a timely fashion. You will also be responsible for providing administrative support across our Canada, and Latin America population. Most importantly, you will collaborate with our People and Finance teams to continue to scale this important function.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with payroll team stakeholders to analyze data entry feeds while also supporting the semi-monthly payroll process from start to finish, ensuring employees are paid correctly and on time within our Workday payroll module.
- Understand the US payroll function and process payroll according to internal accounting principals and regulatory requirements.
- Process new hires, terminations, status changes, tax changes, domestic and international transfers, 401k contribution feeds and changes, timesheet data, compensation changes, employee personal information changes, retroactive adjustments, garnishments and supplemental payments entered into Workday HRIS.
- Resolve payroll discrepancies by running and analyzing Workday data reports.
- Directly involved in processing of equity transactions inclusive of restricted stock units (RSU), non-qualified stock options (NSO), incentive stock options (ISO), disqualified dispositions and all other equity related transactions.
- Collaborate with Finance stakeholders to support audits, identify and implement control improvements, and ensure efficient processes are rigorously followed.
- Partner with SOX and 401k auditors where necessary.
- Handle government reporting inquiries for wages, payroll withholdings, cafeteria 125 plans, 401k retirement plan, garnishments, and all other payroll related government inquiries.
- Partner with team management to assist with setting up tax jurisdictions in Workday whenever necessary.
- Perform audits across all aspects of the Workday payroll module to ensure accuracy and reliability of payroll data.
- Respond as appropriate to payroll and tax inquiries as well as providing viable solutions to employee questions and concerns.
- Maintain payroll records according to record retention policy and employer obligations based on employment laws.
- Distribute correspondence to employee population whenever necessary.
- Assist in collecting data for internal and external audits, special projects and ad hoc payroll reports.
- Partner with team management to assist with Professional Employer Organizations (PEO) payrolls where needed.
Who You Are
- At least three years of experience processing payroll in a multi-state environment.
- Familiarity with payroll systems. ADP and Workday are both preferred. At least one is essential.
- Knowledge of legislation relevant to payroll (e.g., Sarbanes-Oxley Act or FLSA).
- Proficiency with Excel and Google Sheets (e.g., pivot tables, VLOOKUP, SUMIF).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ability to communicate effectively to cross functional teams is essential.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Sound professional judgment and discretion with handling confidential matters.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- Generous and competitive benefits package
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous career development opportunities
- Product training to develop understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $69,000 - $101,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.