Staff Tax Accountant (New York)
Datadog is seeking a Staff Tax Accountant who will join our growing Tax team. In this newly created role, you will be responsible for supporting the global tax function. The Staff Tax Accountant primarily supports tax compliance, accounting, research, and planning for direct, indirect, and employment taxes on a global basis. The Staff Tax Accountant demonstrates the ability to learn and adapt quickly, meet deadlines, as well as have spreadsheet and other technology skills.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Prepare ASC 740 income tax provision and other tax accruals
- Prepare income, franchise, and sales/use tax returns for federal and state jurisdictions
- Support external business partners in the preparation of local corporate tax compliance in international jurisdictions
- Assist with the monthly accounting close process and prepare reconciliations of general ledger accounts
- Assist with audits by the tax authorities and internal financial audits
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, tax, finance or related field
- Up to two (2) years corporate tax experience, with working knowledge of ASC 740 a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, experience with ERP systems a plus (Netsuite)
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines, as well as work independently and in a team environment
- Proficient in analytical, accounting and documentation skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We know not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That’s okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your experience, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- High income earning opportunities based on self performance
- New hire stock equity (RSU) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development and career pathing
- Intra-departmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, opportunity to join our Community Guilds
- Generous global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $68,000.00 to $100,000.00, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.