Senior Rendering Engineer (VFX Pipeline)
What we'll accomplish together:
- Drive the development of tools and pipelines that allow content creators to generate exciting 3D experiences.
- Collaborate with external stakeholders to gather delivery requirements, resolve impediments, and communicate status updates.
- Define and maintain the vision for the entire asset production pipeline.
- Prioritize and organize requests based on requirements, product vision and technical debt.
- Mentor and guide a technical team of artists and programmers.
- Document and communicate technical content like coding standards, technical design documents and best practices.
- Streamline and optimize processes and workflows and work towards continuous improvement of the team.
- Architect new systems as required for the 3D content pipeline.
A little about you:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience.
- 5+ years programmer experience with C# or C++.
- 3+ years experience with Game Engines in Games or 3D visualization.
- 2+years experience leading a team.
- Have shipped products on both Mobile and PC/Console.
- Experience with Source control ie Github, Perforce, SVN, Plastic SCM.
- Understands rendering pipelines in game engines ie, Unity and Unreal Engine.
- Understands artistic content pipelines within modeling software ie Blender, 3DS Max and Maya.
- Understands lighting configurations within game engines.
- Experience in developing shaders for use in game engines.
- Knowledge and experience in Agile methodologies.
- Ability to work within a team with a variety of disciplines.
- Goal focused mentality, and can quickly adapt and pivot as per the requirements and new information of the project being undertaken.
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Experience working with brands to maintain consistency with guidelines.
- Experience creating and manipulating Animations.
- Experience creating VFX within Games Engines.
- Experience creating custom tools within game engines.
- Good experience in Node JS, Python.