VP of People Operations
About the company
At Covera, we're committed to ensuring high-quality healthcare is more than just a promise. That's why we're leading the way in the emerging science of quality, and connecting providers and payers in their shared quest to improve patient outcomes and care quality. By tackling this challenge, we have the ability to impact millions of lives by raising the standard of care nationwide.
Our initial focus is radiology, where an early and accurate diagnosis has a profound impact on the rest of a patient's care journey. Through our work, which uses clinically-validated science-based tools, we're helping doctors enhance their care, ensuring patients get the right diagnosis, and enabling the healthcare system to support quality improvement at scale.
Through our clinical intelligence platform, we have launched programs that help people access the most effective care and provide doctors with AI-powered quality insights and tools to enhance their care. Today, Covera is partnered with leading employers, payers and healthcare organizations across the US, including Walmart and Microsoft. And, with a pipeline representing over 25% of insured Americans, we are in the early stages of improving care quality for all patients across the globe.
In November 2023, Covera secured up to $50 million in a Series C extension led by Insight Partners. This capital fuels our mission to partner with healthcare providers, payers and employers to improve diagnostic care for patients everywhere.
About the role
As the VP of People Operations, you will partner closely with the Executive Leadership team, providing strategic counsel, developing roadmaps, and spearheading all people and culture-related initiatives. This pivotal role involves driving performance management, overseeing employee hiring and onboarding, enhancing employee engagement and retention, fostering career development, managing compensation and workforce planning, and overseeing benefits and payroll. Reporting directly to the CFO, you will play a central role in shaping the organization's long-term vision and ensuring alignment with core cultural values and beliefs.
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Partner with the Executive Leadership Team to set and execute the organization's long-term vision, ensuring continuous improvement in team effectiveness, and leading organizational design and change management initiatives.
- Ensure that all company decisions, programs, and processes are executed with the highest level of emotional intelligence and are aligned with core cultural values and beliefs.
- Develop, implement, and own scalable processes and initiatives to foster leadership development across existing and emerging leaders.
- Enhance data collection and utilization to facilitate informed decision-making. Develop key metrics to measure employee happiness, performance, engagement, and retention. Ensure compliance with all EEO, employment, benefits, payroll, and wage-hour laws.
- Manage our skilled recruiting team and strategically expand the broader People team appropriately to support our growth.
- Perform other duties and contribute to additional initiatives/projects, as deemed appropriate by the Company’s management team.
- Empower and drive the culture at the Company through initiatives and strategies that drive long-term team retention.
- Minimum 6 years of human resources/people operations experience.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and drive change across teams at all levels of an organization, aligning people strategy with business goals and growth.
- Proven track record building and implementing talent development initiatives and processes.
- Experience with leadership coaching programs throughout all levels of an organization.
- Ability to think strategically while also focusing on tactical and operational issues.
- Strong ability to connect with individuals and understand their unique needs.
- Exceptional emotional intelligence and natural ability to consistently represent the team in a broader business context.
- Strong communication skills and excellent ability to collaborate with stakeholders across functions and seniority.
You will be a full-time employee with a competitive salary, stock options, and great benefits. These benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, HRA, 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, flexible paid time off, and a comfortable office space filled with a variety of quality snacks and beverages. Most importantly, you’ll get to know each of us and we love to work together to find solutions. We are a talented, fun, focused, and unique team of people who are truly passionate about changing healthcare for the better! Even while remote, you'll experience the Covera culture as we offer a host of virtual experiences including a book club, fitness club, guest speakers, dynamic Slack channels, and more!
The minimum and maximum salary for this position ranges from $195,000-$265,000. Final salary will be based on a number of factors including: level, relevant prior experience, skills, and expertise.
At Covera Health, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our technology. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Covera Health is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.