Health Content Strategy Manager
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 129 million registered learners as of June 30, 2023.
Coursera partners with over 300 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Join us in our mission to create a world where anyone, anywhere can transform their life through access to education. We're seeking talented individuals who share our passion and drive to revolutionize the way the world learns.
We at Coursera are committed to building a globally diverse team and are thrilled to extend employment opportunities to individuals in any country where we have a legal entity. We require candidates to possess eligible working rights and have a compatible timezone overlap with their team to facilitate seamless collaboration. As a remote-first company, our interviews and onboarding are entirely virtual, providing a smooth and efficient experience for our candidates.
We are looking for an accomplished and visionary Health Content Strategy Manager to lead and redefine health strategy at Coursera. This role requires a seasoned professional who can seamlessly collaborate across departments to bring the strategic vision to life.
In this role, you will be at the forefront of shaping Coursera’s healthcare strategy. You will develop and define key pathways to jobs in healthcare and craft accompanying pro formas to guide the initiatives. Your deep understanding of the US and global health market, combined with your strategic prowess, will enable you to provide data-driven insights and direction to internal teams, as well as our University and Industry partners. You will leverage on- and off-platform data to inform your strategy, identifying gaps and areas of oversaturation and consulting to our Partnerships teams on ways to fill these gaps.
Additionally, you will educate the rest of Coursera about the health landscape -- job demand, learner mindset, popular content, thought leaders, and more. The research will likely include competitive analyses, overviews of key skills needed to succeed in a content domain, and forward-looking research to identify forthcoming trends. This person will also be responsible for identifying and reaching out to key informants in the field for background on topic areas, and recommendations about what new content Coursera should add.
- Shape and execute health strategy vision for Coursera, create pro-formas, and work cross-functionally to ensure the vision is realized across the company.
- Develop and define key pathways to jobs in healthcare for Coursera to pursue.
- Use on and off-platform data/research to identify health topics, credentials, and skills that are of high value to Coursera’s learners. Conduct competitive analyses and forward-looking research to anticipate upcoming trends.
- Consult to University and Industry Partnerships teams on strategic health content opportunities and evaluate the potential opportunity size of recommended content through forecasting.
- Communicate and present on Coursera’s health strategy to internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with teams like Marketing, Data Science, and Enterprise to define and execute projects that will positively impact our learners interested in Health content.
- Bachelor’s degree with background in healthcare, health analytics
- 7+ years experience in healthcare, health analytics, health research, or health consulting
- Demonstrated experience in strategy development and execution
- Experience with data analysis, especially Google Sheets and/or Microsoft Excel; SQL and/or R is a plus
- Master’s or Doctorate in health related field
- Strong understanding of current industry trends and market needs in healthcare, including health administration, nursing, health informatics, pharmaceuticals, and healthcare related certifications
- Creative ability to identify and envision health trends of the future, resourceful researcher
- Global or International healthcare experience a plus
- Collaboration with universities, industries, and sales teams in support of revenue and sales goals
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills, with a proven track record of working cross-functionally
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Coursera offers competitive pay and equitable compensation practices. Our job titles may span more than one career level. The targeted hiring base salary range for this role is between $92,000 and $180,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, including but not limited to: prior work experiences, training/education, transferable skills, business needs, and geographical location. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for variable pay, equity, and benefits.