Lead Product Designer, Design System
Course Hero is scaling! Come join our mission-driven team as we build new study tools to support students all over the world. We’ve launched several new domains to serve various verticals that have drawn new web traffic. Now we’re seeking to bring on a dedicated Lead Product Designer to partner with key stakeholders, grow the design system, ship visually executed and aesthetically consistent design for desktop web and mobile web experiences.
Here are some ways you'll make an impact:
- Build and execute design strategy for our Multi-Domain Strategy (MDS) to accelerate our growth flywheel.
- Be a strategic partner to Product Managers to break down complex, ambiguous problems into simple and elegant solutions, and partner closely with engineers to build and deliver high-quality product experience.
- Be a leader of the design system to elevate the system and operation process. Work with all the designers and front-end engineers to define the scope to execute visually consistent and aesthetic reusable components to Coursehero.com and other domains.
- Partner with our User Research team to understand students’ study behavior, and demonstrate qualitative and quantitative data to create thoughtful experiences that meet both user & business needs.
- Design end-to-end user experiences through collaborative brainstorming, user journeys, wireframes, interactive prototypes, and polished visual design comps using Figma or other tools.
- Lead discussions, present and communicate design decisions to stakeholders with confidence and clarity to gather feedback, iterate on and refine design solutions.
- Iterate on your products post-launch based on insights on how they are performing in the real world.
- Inspire & grow our teammates by serving as a mentor and helping the team deliver designs of the highest quality.
- Evangelize user-centered design approaches throughout the company.
Are you our next Lead Product Designer?
- Demonstrate 8+ years of experience as an individual contributor role leading UX design for desktop web and mobile web applications.
- Has experience in owning design systems. A bonus point if you have built a design system and process from the ground up.
- Led and launched several successful product design projects. Share your expertise including your design process, final visual design and impacts you made through your portfolio.
- Act as a strategic & creative systems thinker - able to understand a complex system, able to turn complex consumer problems into simple and engaging products, able to think strategically about business problems and invent UX concepts to solve them. Able to present the rationale for design decisions, including in the process of winnowing down a list of concepts and in the process of deciding which elements belong in the final design to support specific use cases.
- Pride yourself in being a hands-on designer - comfortable with all phases of the design process from high-level concepts down into the smallest UI details.
- Feel fluent working in a fast-moving agile environment and collaborating with other designers, product managers, engineers, UX researchers, data analysts, customer support teams, marketers, and more.
- Show a proven track record of iterating on products post-launch based on user data about how the designs are performing.
- Enjoy excellent communication skills & effective leadership style with radical candor, growth mindset.
- Mobile app design experience
- Led and launched the projects across the multiple different domains simultaneously
- Competitive salary, annual bonus, and RSUs
- Medical coverage, including full dental and vision
- Life and disability benefits
- 401(k) program (US) / retirement savings plan (Canada) with company match
- One month paid sabbatical after 5 years at the company
- Education reimbursement
- Professional development workshops & industry conferences
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible work schedule
- Social responsibility program (volunteer time off and donation matching)
- Annual wellness stipend
- Monthly tech stipend
- Annual family planning stipend
- Quarterly snack boxes delivered to your door
- Cell phone allowance
For positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Other locations: IL, MA, NJ.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria. We strongly encourage you to apply if you're interested: we'd love to learn how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
We are a virtual-first company and have employees dispersed throughout the United States and Canada. We have a market-based pay structure that varies by location. The base pay for this position is dependent on multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed below. You may also be eligible to participate in our bonus program and may be offered an equity award, benefits, and other types of compensation.
This role is eligible for hire in the San Francisco Bay Area (US), Vancouver (Canada), and Toronto (Canada).In accordance with Canadian law the base salary for this role if filled within Canada is $142,000 - $192,000 CAD.
In accordance with California law, the base salary for this role if filled within California is $176,000 - $238,000.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
About Course Hero:
Join us on our mission!