Strategic Customer Success Manager
Remote, United States
Code Climate is based in New York and was founded in 2011, by engineering leaders who were frustrated by decisions being made in the dark or by gut instinct. Code Climate envisions a world where technology leaders can drive business success through increased transparency, efficiency, and actionable data. Since the launch of our company, our automated code review tool, Quality, has helped over 100,000 developers improve their code bases. After nearly a decade, we launched our flagship product, Velocity.
The Velocity Platform maximizes engineering impact for all levels at the engineering organization to gather data-driven visibility into teams' capacity, delivery, quality, culture, and progress toward key goals. Velocity uses trusted and actionable insights to enable teams to drive change and predictably deliver business impact using a single platform.
Customer Success is vital to our long-term profitability. Our success depends on our customers receiving massive value from our relationship that drives them to renew their commercial agreement with us at the end of each contract period. As such, we need a customer-facing manager to own the strategic relationship with our customers. This role includes responsibilities for customer outcomes (outcomes discovery, enablement, adoption, advocacy, value realization, etc.) and Code Climate outcomes (e.g., renewals, expansion, etc.).
You will be the bridge between Code Climate and our engineering customers. Your expertise in change management, enterprise software development processes, and product expertise is what sets us apart, allowing you to directly influence an organization's success by helping them navigate their unique objectives and connecting those goals with Code Climate tools. Your priority is to help our customers use our products to achieve the outcomes that matter most and to deliver a significant impact to their business.
- Be the primary point of contact with our customer stakeholders through regular communication cadences, business reviews, and workshops
- Be the customer-facing product expert, leveraging your knowledge of our product to map engineering insights to the customer’s target business outcomes
- Develop, maintain, and execute against a joint success plan with our customers
- Work with our support and engineering teams to solve technical issues; manage the escalation communication with the customers as needed
- Identify your customers’ target outcomes, leading indicators of progress, lagging indicators of success, and track progress throughout the relationship
- Work with the balanced account team, consisting of account executives and Customer Success Engineers, to design and maintain a strategic account plan.
- Simultaneously manage 5-10 enterprise accounts on their Code Climate Velocity journey
- Improve existing customer success practices and processes to help us help our customers better
- Solicit product feedback from users and customer stakeholders to our internal engineering team
- Partner with our customers’ senior technical leaders to discover opportunities for organizational improvement and provide guidance on industry best practices
- 6+ years managing enterprise or strategic customer relationships -OR- 6+ years experience in a software development team as an engineer, product manager, or product designer
- Experience designing complex change management programs or digital transformation initiatives
- Deep understanding of SDLC, agile principles, modern software development philosophies, models such as VSM, SPACE, DORA
- Experience translating technical outputs into meaningful business outcomes
- Experience discovering customer outcomes and communicating value delivery for different levels of customer leaders, from engineer managers to C-suite executives
- Strong empathy for customers AND passion for revenue and growth
- Highly curious with a demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Experience designing and facilitating workshops, customer business reviews, and stakeholder check ins with internal and external senior leaders
- Preferred: Experience with an enterprise selling model
- Preferred: Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Preferred: Knowledge of cloud technologies (e.g., Kubernetes, Docker), application security (SAST, DAST) and/or cloud deployment models (AWS, GCP, Azure)
Working at Code Climate
- Remote or Hybrid position with New York headquarters.
- Fast paced start-up full of talented and mission driven individuals that love what they do.
- Competitive salary and meaningful stock options.
- Flexible and generous paid time off & benefits including open vacation policy and parental leave.
Compensation range: 115k-195k
Backed by leading VC firms, including PSG, Union Square Ventures, Foundry Group, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, and NextView Ventures, Code Climate has raised $66M in funding to date having closed a Series C round in August 2021.
Code Climate is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.
Code Climate is committed to providing competitive cash compensation, equity, and benefits. The compensation offered for this role will be based on multiple factors such as location, the role’s scope and complexity, and the candidate’s experience and expertise, and may vary from the range provided.
We’re looking for people who can help us achieve our mission and vision, not just check off the boxes. If you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.