Senior Revenue Analytics Manager - New York, NY or Austin, TX
Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world. Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB, the most highly evolved cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet that scales fast, survives anything, and thrives anywhere. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications!
About the Role
The Senior Revenue Analytics Manager will develop and implement an analytics program and define and execute related frameworks and processes to provide visibility into the performance of the GTM / revenue organization and enhance data-driven decision-making across the organization. In this role, you will report to our VP of Revenue Operations and will work closely with revenue leadership to drive adoption of the analytics program and enable the leaders with the insights needed to help them deliver their goals. The role will initially focus on the sales organization, but will eventually cover all aspects of the revenue organization, including Marketing, Customer Success and Services, and provide insights across the full customer journey. This role requires exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, a high level of autonomy and strong collaboration skills to work across various functions, stakeholders and organizational levels. This position is a great opportunity to build an advanced analytics program and provide the deep insights needed to help build a scalable and predictable revenue engine at a fast-moving high-technology company. To be eligible for this role, you must be based in New York City area or Austin area and will be expected to go into the office on Mondays, Tuesdays or Thursdays.
- Lead the development and execution of a measurement, reporting and analytics program to provide insights into performance and results and enhance decision-making across the revenue organization
- Develop, manage and refine the metrics framework to measure, report and analyze the performance of the revenue organization
- Build dashboards, scorecards and standardized reports to provide ongoing visibility and insights into performance and future outlook to stakeholders across the organization
- Collect, validate and manage data required for reporting and analytics
- Work with data and systems teams to automate collection of required data and automate dashboards and reporting in BI tool
- Provide actionable insights to help improve performance and to drive and refine revenue strategy and planning
- Foster and maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders across the revenue organization and other organizations as required, such as finance and product, to understand their needs and gain their buy-in for the measurement, reporting and analytics program
- Work with stakeholders to ensure the utilization and adoption of the program and related reporting and insights by these stakeholders
- Support the rhythm of the business and related operational processes, such as forecasting, pipeline reviews, QBRs, with reporting, analytics and insights
- Monitor, analyze and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of the revenue organization and develop actionable insights to improve productivity and market penetration
- Perform detailed analysis to fulfill ad hoc requests and support strategic projects as needed
- Other projects as assigned in Revenue Operations to impact performance and productivity
In your first 30 days, you will complete our onboarding programs and learn about our product, revenue strategy and sales and operational processes. You will also take inventory of the current measurement and analytics framework, reports and available data. Additionally, you will begin building relationships with key stakeholders across sales, marketing, customer success, and other organizations to better understand their goals and needs.
In your first 60 days, you will use your knowledge and experience to identify opportunities for improvement and start developing the measurement, reporting and analytics program. You will also start working on refining metrics, reporting and dashboards and will deliver first insights to stakeholders across the organization.
After 90 days, you will have initiated the implementation of the measurement, reporting and analytics programs and will have established yourself as the strategic partner to revenue leaders for any analytics and insights needs. You will also be actively collaborating with teams across Cockroach Labs to drive operational excellence and continuously improve our go-to-market efforts.
- 6-8 years of experience in Revenue or Sales Operations at a high-growth enterprise tech/SaaS company, with a focus on analytics and insights; some experience in Marketing Operations and/or Customer Success Operations a plus
- 3-5 years of experience in cloud services and 2+ years of experience at a public company desirable
- Knowledge of SaaS and consumption based business models and related metrics and KPIs
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to leverage data and to translate business needs and priorities into executable strategies and plans
- Ability to build relationships, collaborate and influence across a wide spectrum of functions and stakeholders from executives to ICs to drive the execution of initiatives and run the business
- Strong communication and presentation skills (written and verbal), with ability to translate data into actionable recommendations and effectively communicate results to management
- Experience with enterprise sales motion and complex sales cycles
- Ability to independently lead multiple complex initiatives, establish priorities and deliver results to meet tight deadlines
- Proficiency in SFDC, modeling and analysis (in Excel, Google Sheets) and presentation of results (charts, reports, dashboards); some proficiency in Looker a plus
- An eye for detail, a focus on high-quality deliverables and data accuracy and a passion for organization
- Competitive Health Insurance Coverage (for you & your dependents!)
- Paid Parental Leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible PTO & Flexible Hours
- Learning & Development Budget
- Relocation Support (as applicable)
The annual anticipated base salary range for U.S. candidates for this role is USD $135,000 to $200,000, plus commission if a sales role. We set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Actual salaries may vary and fall outside of this range depending on factors such as a candidate’s qualifications, geographic location, skills, experience, and competencies. In addition, we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. Salary is one component of the Cockroach Labs’ total rewards package, which includes stock options, health insurance, life and disability insurance, funds towards professional development resources, flexible PTO, paid holidays, and parental leave, to name a few! Salaries for candidates outside the U.S. will vary based on local compensation structures.