Art Director - New York, NY
What you build and where it takes you shouldn't be limited by the capabilities of your database. We created CockroachDB to be the most highly evolved, cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet. Making scale so simple, you don't even have to think about it. Making data so resilient, it becomes impossible to destroy. Making delivery so seamless, your apps run anywhere. Join us on our mission to build a different breed of database—one born in the cloud and built from the ground up to help companies of any size scale fast, survive disaster, and thrive everywhere.
About the Role
We are looking for an Associate Art Director with hands-on experience across multiple brand touch points to join our growing marketing team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for concepting, designing, and executing campaigns and brand initiatives from start to finish. The right person for this role has particular an interest and experience in motion graphics and strong overall cross-functional visual skills. You must be located in the New York metro area for this role and will be expected to come into our Chelsea office Monday, Tuesdays & Thursdays.
- Lead brand and marketing design projects ranging from web design, experiential design for events, product launches, social campaigns, brand campaigns, and content marketing projects.
- Work with marketing and business stakeholders to define priorities and sustain delivery cadence.
- Build strong partnerships with cross-functional teams and lead art reviews as well as brainstorming efforts.
- Collaborate with other designers to build a strong, consistent brand system and design culture across the company.
In your first 30 days, you will assess Cockroach Labs' brand status and partner with the Creative Director to chart a course for improvements and consistency across all collateral.
The next 60 days will be full engagement going from assessment mode to implementation mode. Developing and executing new design assignments and pushing the creative design to not only reflect the brand but also to become more impactful based on its channel of distribution.
After 3 months, you'll be fully integrated into the team. While you will continue to deepen your understanding of CockroachDB, you will be setting and implementing priorities in coordination with the Creative Director and the rest of the marketing team.
- 5-7+ years of experience in the field of creative design and marketing. Our world is digital and we expect a natively digital design leader. At the same time, we also appreciate experience in advertising and storytelling. Ideally, you bring a strong point of view to both design and the story.
- Strong motion graphics experience and a passion for the medium.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to communicate with external teams and clients alike.
- Demonstrated creative expertise in a broad array of areas, including multi-channel campaigns, print and digital advertising, POS, signage, events ,presentation design and web design
- Strong collaboration and influence skills; able to build effective relationships with stakeholders across organizational levels
- Expert level knowledge of common design and communications tools such as Adobe Suite (including After Effects) and Figma.
- Competitive health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off
- Relocation support (as applicable)
The annual anticipated base salary range for U.S. candidates for this role is USD $115,000 to $145,000, plus commission if a sales role. We set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Actual salaries may vary and fall outside of this range depending on factors such as a candidate’s qualifications, geographic location, skills, experience, and competencies. In addition, we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. Salary is one component of the Cockroach Labs’ total rewards package, which includes stock options, health insurance, life and disability insurance, funds towards professional development resources, flexible PTO, paid holidays, and parental leave, to name a few! Salaries for candidates outside the U.S. will vary based on local compensation structures.