Staff Product Manager, Security, Trust and Privacy - Distributed US
Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB. Our mission is to be the trusted global database to run mission-critical applications for the world's most important businesses. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database.
About the Role
Our Security strategy has four main pillars: identity and access management, network security, data protection & privacy and regulatory / industry compliance. We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to own the overall strategy and lead the roadmaps for data protection & privacy, network security, and compliance for our DBaaS offerings. You will partner closely with the Security Engineering, Compliance & Privacy, and Cloud Production Engineering teams to execute your strategy. Your work will make security, risk & legal teams at the world’s largest enterprises feel confident using CockroachDB Cloud offerings to store their most mission critical data.
- Ensure that our customers can utilize the best-in-class and cloud-native network security capabilities to secure their workloads on major public clouds or their own data centers, and help imagine the future inter-cloud offering.
- Devise the appropriate data protection and isolation mechanisms for our customers and internal users like the technical support team.
- Collaborate with our Security (Security Engineering and Corporate Security) team to build and deliver on our regulatory and industry compliance roadmap that aligns with our ideal customer profile.
- Partner with our Security team to build and deliver tooling required to support our overall security roadmap that aligns with our ideal customer profile.
- Make Security a differentiator for the CockroachDB Cloud platform, allowing us to continue to work with and become the leading partner of choice for highly regulated organizations, large retail firms and more.
In the first 30-60 days, you will go through PM onboarding with your onboarding mentor (Roachmate). You will familiarize yourself with the current state of our network security, data protection and compliance suite of capabilities. You will create Cloud clusters, and try out the core features, to get a sense of the end to end experience for yourself. You’ll review our current backlog, get up to speed on in-flight features, and understand the most pressing customer problems today.
After 90 days, you will be fully integrated into the team. You will conduct customer calls and work with our internal account teams to understand core customer problems. There are countless opportunities for us to invest in and you will be responsible for prioritizing the ones that will exceed our customer’s expectations and allow them to seamlessly integrate CockroachDB into their operations, without ever worrying about Security. As the owner of an integral part of our customer and product growth, you will be an important advisor to senior members of our team as we determine how security can support and accelerate our growth. You will also be expected to be a partner to our Sales team and meet with our most important customers and their Security teams.
- Background in any one of: network security, data protection, trust and privacy
- Minimum 8 years of total work experience with enterprise or SaaS products
- Delivered successful customer-facing products or features by partnering with senior Engineering teams
- Background working directly with medium-sized to large enterprises to understand and address problems, set proper timelines and expectations around feature delivery to internal stakeholders and external teams
- Experience driving business results through influential communication, written and spoken mediums
- A collaborative approach and an eagerness to partner with other product teams and all other functions in the company such as Legal, Finance, Marketing, and Sales
Nice to Have
- Experience working on infrastructure products is a nice plus.
Reporting to Lakshmi Kannan - Director of PM, Cloud Platform and Security
Lakshmi is responsible for getting our SaaS offerings to product market fit. Lakshmi joined Cockroach Labs in 2018 and has since worked on different parts of the CockroachDB Cloud platform. She is excited to continue building a mission critical SaaS platform for some of the most valuable applications in the world. When not at work, Lakshmi enjoys trying out new recipes in the kitchen, hiking and being outdoors with her wife and dog in Colorado, and Crossfit workouts that keep her on her toes.
- Competitive Health Insurance Coverage (for you & your dependents!)
- Paid Parental Leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible PTO & Flexible Hours
- Learning & Development Budget
The annual anticipated base salary range for U.S. candidates for this role is USD $165,000 to $225,000, plus commission if a sales role. We set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Actual salaries may vary and fall outside of this range depending on factors such as a candidate’s qualifications, geographic location, skills, experience, and competencies. In addition, we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. Salary is one component of the Cockroach Labs’ total rewards package, which includes stock options, health insurance, life and disability insurance, funds towards professional development resources, flexible PTO, paid holidays, and parental leave, to name a few! Salaries for candidates outside the U.S. will vary based on local compensation structures.