Senior Tax Analyst: Global Tax Provision and Compliance (Austin, TX, US)
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
Available Locations: Austin, TX
What you'll do
- Assist with the preparation of the Company’s annual and quarterly tax provision (ASC 740), including but not limited to calculating book/tax differences and reconciling ending deferred balances
- Prepare transfer pricing calculations
- Assist with the preparation of the U.S. federal and state income tax returns and quarterly estimated tax payments. Responsibilities include both U.S. domestic and international aspects of the preparation
- Proactively manage and maintain provision and compliance calendars and deadlines
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual journal entries and account reconciliations
- Analyze and effectively communicate tax law changes
- Assist and support other team members with special projects as needed
- Manage and respond to tax notices
- Assist with tax related audits
- Ensure all supporting documents are complete for record keeping
- Support tax process documentation and SOX controls
- Build collaborative working relationships across the organization
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 3+ years of applicable income tax experience in corporate tax department or public accounting firm
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics, or finance related field
- Experience and proficiency preparing tax workpapers supporting federal and state income and non-income tax filings
- Have excellent analytical skills, ensure results are accurate and able to communicate findings in a precise and simple manner
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with strong ownership of his/her function
- Results driven with a high level of initiative, teamwork, urgency, accountability and integrity
- Demonstrates hands-on willingness to accept challenging projects outside areas of experience
- Hard working, quick learner with a positive ‘can do' attitude
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Excellent organizational, technical, analytical, problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Problem solving skills, and are an independent thinker and self-starter
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Certified Public Accountant
- Experience with OneSource or Corptax
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
184.108.40.206: We released 220.127.116.11 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.