Sr. Pricing Strategy Manager- Application Services
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
What you'll do
Cloudflare is seeking a Senior Pricing Strategy Manager to bring our offerings to life through compelling pricing and packaging strategies.
You will be responsible for developing strategies for a specific part of our growing portfolio. You will collaborate cross-functionally with Product, Sales, Product Marketing, and Finance to align our organization behind our strategies to solve customer pain and deliver value. A successful candidate will have a track record of delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment. This is an individual contributor role, reporting to the Sr. Director of Pricing Strategy.
- Lead development of pricing strategies, incorporating customer willingness to pay, product strategy, competitive differentiation, and financial analysis.
- Analyze sales date, customer data, product usage data, and financial data to uncover actionable insights and build a shared fact base.
- Align the company behind a shared business strategy by collaborating with cross functional teams, including Product, Sales, Product Marketing, Finance, and Operations.
- Partner closely with Product Management to understand product strategy, product roadmap, and key capabilities. Support development of product strategy and roadmap with market research.
- Partner closely with Sales to understand sales motion and customer feedback in our effort to build customer value, reduce unnecessary sales friction, and capture a reasonable share of that value.
- Partner with Ops/IT to create and maintain SKUs which allow customers to purchase and access our product offerings
- Monitor and measure strategies to evaluate growth, uncover friction, and refine strategies over time.
- Present recommendations to leadership (including executive team) to gain alignment and approval of your strategies.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in pricing strategy leading software provider or top tier consulting firm
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
- Able to deconstruct a problem, understand root cause(s), identify and explore solutions, and develop a recommendation
- Excellent communication and influence, both written and oral, across all levels of the organization (executive to manager, multiple functions)
- High level of attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple projects at once
- Self-motivated and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in all applications of Google Suite including Docs and Slides
Compensation may be adjusted depending on work location.
- For Colorado-based hires: Estimated annual salary of $167,000 - $204,000
- For New York City, Washington, and California (excluding Bay Area) based hires: Estimated annual salary of $171,000 - $209,000
- For Bay Area-based hires: Estimated annual salary of $179,000 - $219,000
This role is eligible to participate in Cloudflare’s equity plan.
Cloudflare offers a complete package of benefits and programs to support you and your family. Our benefits programs can help you pay health care expenses, support caregiving, build capital for the future and make life a little easier and fun! The below is a description of our benefits for employees in the United States, and benefits may vary for employees based outside the U.S.
Health & Welfare Benefits
- Medical/Rx Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Spending Accounts
- Fertility & Family Forming Benefits
- On-demand mental health support and Employee Assistance Program
- Global Travel Medical Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Participation Plan
- Flexible paid time off covering vacation and sick leave
- Leave programs, including parental, pregnancy health, medical, and bereavement leave
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
220.127.116.11: We released 18.104.22.168 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.