Billing QA Engineering Manager
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the department
Cloudflare’s Billing Engineering Team built and maintains all the internal/external billing related services, product provisioning services and services related to entitlements. This is a vital team centric to every product launch, campaign or initiative Cloudlfare undertakes. There are constantly multiple high profile initiatives going on, therefore the ability to context switch, communicate proactively and manage expectations is a key.
Billing Team is a place where you will learn fast, interface with all other engineering product teams, work with empathetic and team driven engineers, solve hard challenges and celebrate wins. Introspection, project/incident retrospectives, team communication is central to our success.
What you'll do
- Provide hands-on leadership for a team of quality engineer/s to drive quality engineering initiatives with an automation-first approach in an Agile development environment.
- Form ongoing Quality Assurance strategy, in partnership with Engineering and Product Managers with emphasis on test automation
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities.Lead planning processes to create roadmaps and objectives for your team that align with organizational goals.
- Strategize, lead, and execute end to end integration tests, system tests, functional/ non functional tests for various complex programs and initiatives.
- Support "ad-hoc testing" needs.Model and foster a culture of collaboration and ownership while promoting a growth mindset.
- Drive Quality Engineering solutions by planning and designing testing strategies using modern quality processes and methodologies.
- Define, track, and publish quality assurance metrics, including code coverage, quality, and performance to the team and stakeholders.
- QA Testing efforts would be surrounding company’s internal/ external quote to cash systems which includes internal and SAAS systems that support ordering, subscriptions, entitlements, billing, invoices, taxation, payments, revenue recognition and other systems/ integrations supported by enterprise engineering team
- Job will involve a combination of manual QA testing and automation QA testing. The split between the two can vary depending on business needs.
- Provide Automation Key Performance Indicators to the leadership team.
- Hire, lead, mentor and coach teams to be successful contributors.
- Drive test automation coverage for all applications.Provide technical and strategic mentorship to the team.Implement ideas to increase team productivity and efficiency.
- Engage with development teams to optimize automated testing to allow for faster release cadence
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- You have independently managed and drove the E2E automation program
- You have hands-on experience in designing and building using at least one of the Test automation frameworks (Jest, TeamCity, Cypress, Selenium, Cucumber, Junit, TestNg, Playwright, bdd, Maven, WireMock or Newman) and built new test automation libraries
- Programming Skills: Proficiency/Good Understanding in at least one programming language is crucial
- Common languages used in software QA engineering include Go, Python, Java. Knowledge of scripting languages like Bash or PowerShell can also be valuable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, learn quickly and solve problems
- Ability to listen, understand, and respond to external and internal customers’ needs in a timely manner
- Able to deliver a high degree of customer satisfaction at all times
- Must be results/ Outcome focusedAbility to work a flexible schedule to accommodate business needs to complete projects or meet deadlines.Ideal candidate would be well-versed in continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous testing and has In depth knowledge of quality engineering, release management, test environment management, test automation, test data management, testing approaches and test execution, performance engineering and development operations
- Highly organized, detail oriented, extremely adaptable and able to prioritize a large number of tasks
- Experience working with software version control tools such as Bitbucket, GitHub or GitLab
Experience integrating tests into a CI/CD pipelineHands-on experience with analytics and monitoring tools like Grafana (configuring, creating queries, dashboards, and alerts), and ability to troubleshoot application/ systems logs using tools like Kibana, Sentry
Compensation may be adjusted depending on work location.
- For Colorado-based hires and Washington hires: Estimated annual salary of $191,000 - $233,000
- For New York City-based and California (excluding Bay Area): Estimated annual salary of $213,000 - $261,000
- For Bay Area-based hires: Estimated annual salary of $225,000 - $275,000
This role is eligible to participate in Cloudflare’s equity plan.
Cloudflare offers a complete package of benefits and programs to support you and your family. Our benefits programs can help you pay health care expenses, support caregiving, build capital for the future and make life a little easier and fun! The below is a description of our benefits for employees in the United States, and benefits may vary for employees based outside the U.S.
Health & Welfare Benefits
- Medical/Rx Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Spending Accounts
- Fertility & Family Forming Benefits
- On-demand mental health support and Employee Assistance Program
- Global Travel Medical Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Participation Plan
- Flexible paid time off covering vacation and sick leave
- Leave programs, including parental, pregnancy health, medical, and bereavement leave
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
220.127.116.11: We released 18.104.22.168 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.