Account Executive, Digital Native - Named Accounts
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Department
Account Executives, Channel Account Managers, Business Development Representatives, Solution Engineers, Customer Success, and Sales Operations - all working together help our customers adopt Cloudflare and create great Internet-enabled experiences. The sales team at Cloudflare helps customers solve real, technical problems while creating the revenue streams that help the company provide free service to millions in our community.
About this Role
You’ll be expected to drive new business by working a set of large target accounts for the Digital Native Team. The Digital Native Team focuses on the acquisition and expansion of our highest profile, cloud-native accounts in North America. These customers are typically high growth, software-driven companies with notable speed of innovation in the market. A minimum of 5 years closing experience required. This specific opening will cover mid to large accounts in the West. The ideal candidate will possess both a sales and technical background that enables them to drive engagement from junior through executive levels within network operations, development and technical infrastructure teams.
- Drive & execute against plan managing complex opportunities in the West region
- Ability to earn trust with executive leadership, DevOps teams and software engineers at our highest growth accounts
- Build a robust sales pipeline through continual engagement and nurturing of key prospect accounts
- Be technically curious and understand how Cloudflare technology fits into a platform customer’s infrastructure challenges and business vision.
- Understand the needs, roadmaps, and purchase cycles of customers/prospects in your pipeline. Through these interactions, work with Cloudflare Product Management and Solution Engineers to evolve the roadmap and deliver premier products to this segment.
- Work cross-functionally internally with customer success, solution engineering, product management, and engineering to deliver a high level of service to your customers
- ~25% travel
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Minimum 5 years of direct B2B selling experience
- Experience selling a technical, cloud-based product or service
- Working knowledge of the cloud infrastructure space
- Experience managing longer, complex sales cycles
- Strong understanding of computer networking and “how the internet works”
- Strong interpersonal communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated; entrepreneurial spirit
- Comfortable working in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Bachelor’s degree required
Compensation may be adjusted depending on work location.
- For Bay Area-based hires: Estimated annual on target earnings of $248,000 - $275,000.
- For CA Remote and New York: Estimated annual on target earnings of $235,000 - $261,000
- For Texas and Colorado: Estimated annual on target earnings of $225,000 - $250,000
This role is eligible to participate in Cloudflare’s equity plan.
Cloudflare offers a complete package of benefits and programs to support you and your family. Our benefits programs can help you pay health care expenses, support caregiving, build capital for the future and make life a little easier and fun! The below is a description of our benefits for employees in the United States, and benefits may vary for employees based outside the U.S.
Health & Welfare Benefits
- Medical/Rx Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Spending Accounts
- Fertility & Family Forming Benefits
- On-demand mental health support and Employee Assistance Program
- Global Travel Medical Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Participation Plan
- Flexible paid time off covering vacation and sick leave
- Leave programs, including parental, pregnancy health, medical, and bereavement leave
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
18.104.22.168: We released 22.214.171.124 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.