Product Marketing Manager
Founded by educators and technologists passionate about improving education, Clever is on a mission to unlock new ways to learn for all students. Already used by more than 75% of U.S. K-12 schools, Clever brings all applications into one secure portal and provides single sign-on for everyone. With the leading network of digital learning providers, Clever makes school more engaging, personalized, and fun.
As the Product Marketing Manager, you will strengthen adoption and grow our network of schools powering digital learning through Clever. This role is excited about understanding the ins and outs of our primary stakeholder - district administrators - what motivates them, what’s top of mind —and how Clever can solve their biggest pain points. You have deep customer empathy and back up your insights with data from the product, NPS surveys, and market research.
This position includes both inbound and outbound product marketing and collaborates closely with product and success teams to drive Clever’s core business. You’ll develop the product marketing vision, strategy, product recommendations and marketing programs to help our customers unlock new ways to learn with Clever. This position reports to the Manager of Product Marketing.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- As a great storyteller, you’ll develop brand and product narratives that resonate with our customers, and build marketing programs that delights, educates, inspires and drives impact
- Partner closely with cross-functional stakeholders, such as product, engineering, design, customer success, and executive leadership to lead go-to-market strategy and achieve our business goals
- Create customer and sales enablement to effectively equip our customer success and sales teams to support customer engagement
- Use a data-driven approach to direct and execute strategic launches, including messaging, sales enablement, and marketing programs
- Develop product messaging and value propositions for our customers in order to drive awareness, adoption, and ongoing product usage
- Tackle complex problems with a strategic mindset and collaborate cross-functionally to build consensus, leveraging project management expertise
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative insights to fully understand customers and influence their behavior
- Use key metrics and engagement patterns to measure performance of marketing programs
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- At least 4 years product marketing experience in edtech, enterprise software or Internet company
- Experience telling engaging customer stories with internal and external stakeholders; you are a skilled storyteller as much as you are a marketer
- Experience driving business outcomes through data
- Experience balancing perfectionism with pragmatism in a growing environment
- Experience distilling technical products, such as an API, to a general audience
- Creativity in tackling business opportunities
- An interest in working on complex challenges in education
- Commitment to equity and belonging. At Clever, we believe the classrooms we serve and our company’s halls should be spaces that are diverse, equitable, and inclusive. That is why we are committed to building diverse teams, inviting every voice, and creating a safe space for everyone to be their authentic self. By fostering equity and belonging within our circles of influence, we unlock learning for ALL students.
CLEVER BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- A competitive salary
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Top-notch healthcare, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family
- Best-in-class mental healthcare service that supports employees' mental and emotional wellness
- A generous personal development yearly budget which can be used for courses, conferences, trainings, books, and more
- LinkedIn Learning subscription with unlimited access to thousands of expert-led online courses
- Annual company retreats and quarterly team events to connect with fun, bright coworkers
The range of our base salary cash compensation for this role for candidates living in the United States, besides NYC and San Francisco, CA, is between $107,000 - $126,000. For candidates living in NYC and San Francisco, CA is between $119,000 - $140,000. All final offers are determined using multiple factors including experience and level of expertise.
Clever does not conduct interviews via text or Telegram. We will never ask for your financial information or reimbursement of equipment of any kind. If you receive any communications regarding employment with Clever that you think might be a scam, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.