Growth Marketing Manager
Founded by educators and technologists passionate about improving education, Clever is on a mission to unlock new ways to learn for all students. Already used by more than 75% of U.S. K-12 schools, Clever brings all applications into one secure portal and provides single sign-on for everyone. With the leading network of digital learning providers, Clever makes school more engaging, personalized, and fun.
Clever is looking for an experienced full-stack B2B Growth Marketing Manager to join our team and accelerate the growth and adoption of district products and services. In this role you’ll own the channel strategy for customer acquisition and monetization of Clever’s Identity & Security products school districts. This is a collaborative, cross-functional role that reports to the Head of Growth Marketing.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical and analytical background, as well as a passion for building mission-driven marketing programs. If you are at your best driving bold hypotheses to solve big, complex problems then this is the challenge for you.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Set and execute revenue growth strategy:
- Establish goals for qualified lead volume and new customer pipeline growth, and determine the marketing plan to hit those targets
- Develop the lead scoring model for district sales, and define targeted campaign strategies to improve lead quality and close rates.
- Define the market hypothesis and set the experimentation roadmap for validating which levers drive customer growth.
- Build out marketing automation programs to support account activation and retention.
- Drive campaign excellence:
- Partner with product marketing, brand marketing, and sales to develop and launch high-impact integrated marketing campaigns across multiple owned channels (email, in-product, webinars, and events).
- Develop inbound marketing programs designed to engage, nurture, and convert accounts with complex needs.
- Establish a rigorous optimization agenda to A/B test messaging, landing pages and more to improve performance.
- Lay foundations for product-led sales:
- Partner with our product and engineering teams to develop and scale a product-led sales motion.
- Collaborate with our operations team on ways to improve our upsell and sales flows, improving our data structures, and expanding our technology stack.
- Reporting and analysis:
- Maintain a clear line of sight on business impact driven by growth marketing programs.
- Define and set goals for improvement on full funnel metrics.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 5-7 years of marketing experience. 4+ years in a growth, demand generation, or lifecycle marketing role. If you’ve thrived in a product-led growth SaaS company that has layered on enterprise sales, this is an ideal role for you.
- Collaborative cross-functional leader: experience setting goals on large complex initiatives and coordinating across diverse teams to drive results.
- Deep understanding of growth marketing best practices. Proven results directly managing customer acquisition, activation, and retention programs.
- Extensive experience with marketing automation and customer engagement platforms (e.g. Braze, Iterable); good knowledge of Salesforce or comparable CRM software. Able to rapidly learn and adopt new marketing technologies.
- Experience defining and iterating against a long-term experimentation roadmap to validate fundamental business hypotheses.
- Natural data-storyteller. Strong analytical skills - advanced spreadsheet and data visualization skills required; experience with SQL a plus.
- Excellent communicator: experience editing and writing effective copy for conversion and creative optimization.
- Strong interest in edtech, desire to achieve aggressive growth goals and creativity in tackling business opportunities
- Commitment to equity and belonging: Clever believes that the classrooms we serve and our company’s halls should be spaces that are diverse, equitable, and inclusive. We seek opportunities and celebrate actions that further allow us to build diverse teams, include every voice, and create a safe space for everyone to bring their authentic selves into the workplace. Outside of our walls, we use our collective influence, passionate work, and community involvement to unlock learning for ALL students.
CLEVER BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- A competitive salary
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Top-notch healthcare, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family
- Best-in-class mental healthcare service that supports employees' mental and emotional wellness
- A generous personal development yearly budget which can be used for courses, conferences, trainings, books, and more
- LinkedIn Learning subscription with unlimited access to thousands of expert-led online courses
- Annual company retreats and quarterly team events to connect with fun, bright coworkers
- Experience building an account-based marketing (ABM) program in partnership with sales
- Have run marketing programs targeting developer and IT administrator audiences.
The range of our base salary cash compensation for this role for candidates living in the United States, besides NYC and San Francisco, CA, is between $107,000 - $152,100 For candidates living in NYC and San Francisco, CA is between $119,000 - $169,000. All final offers are determined using multiple factors including experience and level of expertise.
Clever does not conduct interviews via text or Telegram. We will never ask for your financial information or reimbursement of equipment of any kind. If you receive any communications regarding employment with Clever that you think might be a scam, please email email@example.com.