Software Engineer, Apprentice
Founded by educators and technologists passionate about improving education, Clever is on a mission to unlock new ways to learn for all students. Already used by more than 65% of U.S. K-12 schools, Clever brings all applications into one secure portal and provides single sign-on for everyone. With the leading network of digital learning providers, Clever makes school more engaging, personalized, and fun.
Clever is looking for an engineering apprentice to join the team. As an apprentice at Clever, you will work alongside full-time engineers, improving existing products and creating apps that live on top of Clever. Clever’s apprenticeship program is very similar to our summer internship program, but it’s hosted at a different time of year. Our very first intern wrote an iPhone app on the Clever platform that spread to over a thousand schools on the day it was released. Another intern wrote an app that let schools provision Google accounts, which now manages over 2 million student and teacher accounts.
Clever engineers most commonly utilize technologies/tools like MongoDB, AWS, Typescript, React, and Go to develop our products.
This is a 12 week opportunity with availability to start in October 2023 with a path to a possible full-time offer. This is a great opportunity for individuals changing careers.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Join an engineering team and participate in team processes and activities
- Have a dedicated mentor on your team to support you
- Own a project (similar to those outlined above) to develop your technical and collaboration skills
- Work with product, design, and engineering to develop the technical solution that meets the product requirements
- Receive feedback throughout the apprenticeship on your technical and collaboration skills
- Collaborate with members of the team through pair programming, code reviews, etc.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Past projects or relevant coursework demonstrating strong coding, problem solving and collaboration skills
- A desire to grow as an engineer through collaboration, code reviews, and learning new languages/technologies
- Excellent communication skills during team conversations, technical spec review, code review, and pairing sessions with teammates
- A desire to work in a diverse, highly collaborative team environment
- Commitment to equity and belonging: Clever believes that the classrooms we serve and our company’s halls should be spaces that are diverse, equitable, and inclusive. We seek opportunities and celebrate actions that further allow us to build diverse teams, include every voice, and create a safe space for everyone to bring their authentic selves into the workplace. Outside of our walls, we use our collective influence, passionate work, and community involvement to unlock learning for ALL students.
The range of our base salary cash compensation for this role for candidates living in the United States, is 96,000. All final offers are determined using multiple factors including experience and level of expertise.
CLEVER BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- A competitive salary
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Top-notch healthcare, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family
- Best-in-class mental healthcare service that supports employees' mental and emotional wellness
- A generous personal development yearly budget which can be used for courses, conferences, trainings, books, and more
- LinkedIn Learning subscription with unlimited access to thousands of expert-led online courses
- Annual company retreats and quarterly team events to connect with fun, bright coworkers
Clever does not conduct interviews via text or Telegram. We will never ask for your financial information or reimbursement of equipment of any kind. If you receive any communications regarding employment with Clever that you think might be a scam, please email email@example.com.