Senior Sales Engineer
Chronosphere is the provider of the only observability platform that puts engineering organizations back in control by taming rampant data growth and cloud-native complexity, delivering increased business confidence. Teams at startups to well-known global brands in the Fortune 500 around the world trust Chronosphere to help them operate scalable, highly available and resilient applications.
Chronosphere is looking for trailblazers who are experts in their space and are passionate about creating meaningful solutions for engineers and digital businesses.
Chronosphere is a series C startup with more than $343M in funding and a $1B+ valuation. We’re a remote-first company, backed by Greylock, Lux Capital, General Atlantic, Addition and Founders Fund.
About the role
Chronosphere is looking for an experienced technical sales enthusiast to join our Sales Engineering team. Your main responsibility will be to partner with an account executive on owning the technical sales strategy and execution for enterprise opportunities, demonstrating to customers the power and value of Chronosphere, and guiding their monitoring and observability solutions.
You will also have the opportunity to contribute to pre- and post-sales processes, inform product innovation and build a career pathway in a rapidly growing startup with a solid foundation.
- Be responsible for field readiness, including development of collateral and enabling the Presales team to Explain, Demo and Prove Chronosphere’s solutions.
- Work closely with Product Management and Engineering teams for input into product roadmap and supporting product and feature launches.
- Support Chronosphere’s Partner and Channel program, helping to drive awareness , enablement and integrations across Cloud Providers. System Integrators and Tech Partners.
- Engage in early technical qualification and requirements gathering, while demonstrating relevant Chronosphere capabilities
- Drive the successful execution of pilots
- Be comfortable connecting technical solutions with business value and organizational priorities
- Build rapport and trust in both Chronosphere as a solution, vendor and partner
- 5+ years of experience as a sales engineer or equivalent pre-sales technical role
- A passion for building relationships and driving sales success
- A growth mentality with the instinct to be creative and collaboratively problem-solve
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities, while maintaining a high sense of urgency
- Broad industry knowledge pertaining to cloud infrastructure, software development and open source software
- Strong personal motivation to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
- Direct hands-on experience or working knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, GCP, Azure or other modern cloud native technologies and platforms
- Demonstrated ability to write code in at least one modern programming language (Node.js, Python, Go, Java, etc.)
- Prior experience at a SaaS or Open Source vendor
- Prior experience with monitoring or observability tools (New Relic, Grafana, Splunk, etc)
- Organizational skills and a results-oriented, self-starter attitude
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written skills
What you will achieve
In your first 30 days, we will help you get up to speed on the Chronosphere technology, product and how it fits our target market. By the end of the 30 days you will be able to participate in qualification and discovery calls with customers, deliver a demo, and
In three months you will be managing technical account strategy from introductions to pilot execution, building a healthy pipeline of opportunities in partnership with your account executive. You will also be contributing improvements to key aspects of the pre-sales process based on your experiences and particular strengths.
United States - Remote #LI-Remote
Seong Park - Head of Sales Engineering
Anwesh Rijal - Sales Engineering Manager
Matt Meier - Sales Engineering Manager
Javier Novoa - Value Engineer
Others you will collaborate with:
- Martin Mao - CEO
- Bryan Dell - CRO
- Ian Smith - Field CTO
- Christina Gillman - Head of Partners and Channel
The reasonably estimated base salary for this role at Chronosphere is as shown below, plus a company bonus and a competitive equity package. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. Chronosphere offers a wide range of best-in-class, comprehensive, and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, vision, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan, and unlimited paid time off.
Chronosphere offers 11 holidays for the calendar year.
Chronosphere's Parental and Family Leave policy offers 24 weeks of leave within a child's first year of life. Our offer of 16 weeks of paid leave with an option to extend for an additional 8 weeks of unpaid time off has no minimum service requirement to utilize and is available for birth, surrogacy, or adoption.
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Unlimited Vacation Time
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- And More