The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places.
Carta is trusted by more than 40,000 companies and over two million people in nearly 160 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports nearly 7,000 funds and SPVs, and represents nearly $130B in assets under administration. Carta's tender offer solutions have returned $14B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today, Carta’s platform manages nearly three trillion dollars in equity globally.
Companies and funds like Tribe and Pipe build their businesses on Carta. The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S., a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category and certified as a Great Place to Work.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
You will be part of the Marketing organization, while partnering closely with our Business Development, Product, and Data teams. We have teammates across the country who love spreading the word about Carta, seeding equity ownership, and increasing access to financial education.
More specifically, you’ll be joining our Insights team run by Peter Walker. Carta sits on an unparalleled dataset touching every aspect of private startups. The mission of our Insights team is to create love for Carta through data while democratizing knowledge about the private markets.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Create and maintain the system for continual production of quality data content. You’ll be responsible for ideating, visualizing, and explaining the best of Carta data to external audiences like founders, accelerators, VCs, and startup employees.
- Invent new ways to get startup data to the people who need it most. How can we arm every first-time founder with the same knowledge as their repeat founder peers?
- Build love for Carta in the startup ecosystem. Our job is not to sell Carta’s stellar products, but to ensure all customers, current and future, trust Carta before they need us.
You could be a great fit if you:
- Operate as an owner. No work or problem is below or above your pay grade.
- Unabashedly love data and spending time visualizing complex information.
- Are an adept communicator whether you are discussing equity with engineers, presenting rigorous analysis to VCs, or engaging with a new founder on their next hire.
- Love being a great storyteller—and you want to become world-class.
- Influence without authority on a daily basis.
You probably won’t enjoy this role if you:
- Don’t feel comfortable building your own visuals and writing your own copy.
- Find context switching annoying.
- Hate public speaking.
To qualify for this role, you should have:
- 5+ years of experience in data analysis and/or marketing.
- Proven experience working in Tableau visualizing complex data.
- A deep, abiding interest in startups and venture capital more broadly.
- The ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity with Figma and other design tools preferred.
- Fluency in SQL and Looker preferred.
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our minimum cash compensation (salary + commission if applicable) range for this role is:
- $125,000 - $145,000 in San Francisco, CA
Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, and other factors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.