Sr Analyst, Sales Compensation
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places.
Carta is trusted by more than 40,000 companies and over two million people in nearly 160 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports nearly 7,000 funds and SPVs, and represents nearly $130B in assets under administration. Carta's tender offer solutions have returned $14B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today, Carta’s platform manages nearly three trillion dollars in equity globally.
Companies and funds like Tribe and Pipe build their businesses on Carta. The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S., a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category and certified as a Great Place to Work.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Problems You’ll Solve
At Carta, our employees set out on a mission to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places. We believe that the problems we solve today unlock the opportunities of tomorrow. As a Sr. Analyst, Sales Compensation Strategy & Planning, you’ll work to:
- Effectively manage and administer compensation plans through the compensation management tool, ensuring seamless alignment with business goals, targets, and policy guidelines.
- Maintain accurate records of all compensation-related information.
- Conduct cost and forecast modeling to support proposed compensation design scenarios.
- Collaborate with and present to leadership during the quarterly sales compensation design process.
- Formulate impactful sales compensation plans incorporating industry best practices to motivate global sales representatives.
- Take a proactive approach in planning and executing end-to-end communication for compensation ad-hoc requests from the business.
- Serve as the main point of contact and address questions from sales employees and management regarding their compensation plans.
- Clearly communicate requirements to the implementation lead for sales compensation plans, ensuring that designs and calculations meet specifications.
- Provide sales management with comprehensive training and enablement materials to enhance their understanding and motivation regarding sales compensation plans.
- Collaborate with the Compensation Manager on the monthly compensation close process to ensure timely and accurate payout processing & performance reporting.
- Partner with cross-functional teams in HR, Finance, Legal, and Sales leadership to build and scale compensation-related processes and policies, leading and driving projects when necessary.
- Proactively identify opportunities for process optimization and lead efforts to improve the overall sales compensation foundation.
The Team You’ll Work With
Joining our Strategic Finance Team, you will step into a pivotal role within Sales Compensation function. Collaborating closely with our CRO, Sales Leadership, Finance, HR, Total Comp, and Legal, you will be instrumental in defining, building, and scaling a world-class sales compensation strategy and operational foundation.
The Sales Incentive Compensation Team collaborates with Finance leaders to steer Carta’s revenue strategy and execute it with excellence. Tasked with driving revenue and business objectives, the team takes ownership of the end-to-end Sales Incentive Compensation strategy and execution, along with the reporting and operational foundation, enabling Carta's continuous scaling and growth.
As the hire for Sales Compensation team in a growing business, the ideal candidate embodies natural qualities coupled with experience in sales compensation. A passion for constructing scalable processes and adapting swiftly in ambiguous situations is paramount. This individual excels in the delicate balance between strategic planning and hands-on execution, demonstrating comfort in diving into the details.
- 3+ years of sales compensation experience, showcasing a progression in responsibility, complexity, and scale of work.
- Proven ability to handle the nuance and intricacies of an end-to-end commissions close, including managing accounting and payroll deadlines & receivables.
- Profound knowledge of sales incentive compensation concepts, sales data tracking processes, and methodologies.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to convey information effectively to executives and cross-functional teams at the appropriate cadence.
- Proficiency in manipulating large data sets and conducting scenario analyses/modeling, with a meticulous focus on accuracy.
- A strategic and structured thinker with strong analytical skills and business acumen. Ability to frame business questions with data, translate business needs into strategies, and execute tactics and process improvements.
- Advanced skills in SFDC, Gsuite, Excel. Familiarity with CaptivateIQ, Looker, and other BI tools is a plus.
At Carta, you’re not just an employee. You’re a builder who is creating infrastructure that accelerates innovation and empowers more ownership. Cartans are helpful, relentless, unconventional and kind; representing Carta’s Identity Traits. They work collaboratively and cross functionally to challenge the status quo; working towards a common goal of creating more owners in the private markets.
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our minimum cash compensation (salary + commission if applicable) range for this role is: $125,800-$148,000 in San Francisco and New York.
Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, and other factors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.