Travel Clinical Research Assistant, US Based
Care Access Research
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
What We Do
Care Access is a unique, multi-specialty network of research sites which operates as one connected team of physician investigators, nurse coordinators, and operations managers. Our goal is to engage every healthcare professional in clinical research and to make clinical trials a care option for every patient. By removing this bottleneck, Care Access is helping accelerate the approval and delivery of critical and life-saving therapies.
Who We Are
We care. Our people are the engines behind our mission: to revolutionize access to clinical trials for the benefit of patients everywhere. We care for one another, find new ideas to accelerate medicine, and seed a long-term impact for generations.
The Travel Clinical Research Assistant is an entry level clinical position and is designed to fully integrate the individual in the Care Access Research process while learning the skills necessary to be a Clinical Research Coordinator. This position has potential growth and advancement within the Care Access Research organization.
What You'll Be Working On
This role will perform a variety of clinical and administrative tasks in support of clinical trials and assist in the performance of clinical procedures to collect data on patients enrolled and/or seeking enrollment in clinical studies. Much of the work for this role will be done onsite at a clinical event or site location.
Duties include but not limited to:
● Ability to understand and follow institutional SOPs.
● Participate in recruitment and pre-screening events (may be multiple locations).
● Assist with preparation of outreach materials.
● Identify potential participants by reviewing medical records, study charts and subject database.
● Assist with recruitment of new participants by conducting phone screenings.
● Request medical records of potential and current research participants.
● Schedule visits with participants, contact with reminders.
● Obtain informed consent per Care Access Research SOP, under the direction of the Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC).
● Complete visit procedures as required by protocol, under the direction of the CRC.
● Collect, process and ship specimens as directed by protocol, under the direction of the CRC.
● Record data legibly and enter in real time on paper or e-source documents.
● Request study participant payments.
● Update all applicable internal trackers and online recruitment systems.
● Assist with query resolution.
● Assist with administrative tasks such as copying, scanning, filing, mailing, emailing, etc.
● Assist with maintaining all site logs.
● Assist with inventory and ordering equipment and supplies.
● Maintain adherence to FDA regulations and ICH guidelines in all aspects of conducting clinical trials.
● Maintain effective relationships with study participants and other care Access Research personnel.
● Interact in a positive, professional manner with patients/participants, sponsor representatives, Investigators and Care Access Research personnel and management.
● Communicate clearly verbally and in writing.
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Physical and Travel Requirements
This position is for a full-time temporary, hourly role. The duration is 12-months from the decision to hire. Candidates must be willing to travel 75% of the time nationwide, US based. Duties may require travel in the following models:
· Two weeks on / One week off deployments
· Temporary Event Support (3–7-day deployment durations)
· Weekly deployments (one week on, 2-5 days off).
· Frequency and length of travel may depend on the length and location of study, site, and event.
· Deployments normalize to a 32 to 42-hour work week on average.
What You Bring
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● Ability and willingness to work independently with minimal supervision.
● Ability to learn to work in a fast-paced environment.
● Excellent communication skills and a high degree of professionalism with all types of people
● Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
● A working knowledge of medical and research terminology
● A working knowledge of federal regulations, Good Clinical Practices (GCP)
● Critical thinker and problem solver
● Friendly, outgoing personality with the ability to maintain a positive attitude under pressure.
● Contribute to team and site goals.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
● High level of self-motivation and energy
● An optimistic, “can do” attitude.
Certifications/Licenses, Education, and Experience:
● A minimum of 1-year recent working experience as a Medical Assistant, EMT, LPN, Clinical Research Assistant or Phlebotomist.
● Phlebotomy experience and proficiency required.
● Some Clinical Research experience preferred.
Benefits (US Full-Time Employees Only)
· PTO/vacation days, sick days, holidays.
· 100% paid medical, dental, and vision Insurance. 75% for dependents.
· HSA plan
· Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life Insurance.
· Culture of growth and equality
Diversity & Inclusion
We serve patients and researchers from diverse cultures and communities around the world. We are stronger and better when we build a team representing the people we aim to support. We maintain an inclusive culture where people from a broad range of backgrounds feel valued and respected as they contribute to our mission. We value diversity and believe that unique contributions drive our success.
At Care Access, every day, we are advancing medical breakthroughs. We’re uniting standard patient care with cutting-edge treatments and research. Our work brings life-changing therapies to those in need and paves the way for newer and greater treatments to reach the world. We’re proud to advance these breakthroughs and work with the big players while engaging with the physicians and caring for patients.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Care Access is currently unable to sponsor work visas.