At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite comedians, actors, athletes, and more.... not gonna lie, it’s pretty magical. And now we’re looking for passionate, hardworking humans to help take Cameo to the next level.
🚀 Our #Fameo means everything to us. Join a stellar team of smart, curious, and driven individuals, and experience working at a globally known consumer startup.
📈 Best in class. We’ve been named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, and the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company.
💰Get all good stuff. Health insurance, 401(K), Fun work environment at our Downtown Chicago Headquarters, and opportunities to meet Cameo Talent!
Come to work every day knowing your efforts will have a material impact, shaping the direction of the next outstanding tech company!
Cameo is seeking a self-motivated Data Scientist with over 2 years of experience to be the pioneer of our data science capabilities. As the sole Data Scientist, you'll work closely with Product and Engineering teams to drive decision-making and measure the success of our product offerings. Your insights will be crucial in guiding what we build next and fulfilling ad-hoc data requests, directly influencing our path forward.
- Develop and implement data models and algorithms to analyze performance and measure the success of our products.
- Use data analytics to provide actionable insights, helping to decide on future product developments based on current performance and user engagement.
- Respond to ad-hoc data requests from various teams, providing insights and information to support decision-making.
- Collaborate closely with Product and Engineering to ensure data integrity and the optimal use of data in shaping product strategy.
- Design and manage experiments to test hypotheses and drive product enhancements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in data science or a related role.
- Strong proficiency in statistical software (Python/R) and database languages (SQL).
- Experience with data visualization tools and techniques.
- Proven track record of leveraging data to drive significant business impact.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to translate complex data into actionable insights.
- Self-starter attitude with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Creative problem-solving skills and a strong analytical mindset.
- Direct experience with e-commerce or consumer funnel optimization is a plus.
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.
The salary range for this position is $120,000 to $130,000 with opportunities for additional compensation based on performance. Cameo determines salary ranges by role and level with ranges for US roles typically based on our home market of Chicago. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within that range, individual pay is determined by job-related skills, experience, and relevant education and training. Posted salary ranges reflect base salary only, exclusive of equity, commissions, and other compensation and benefits.