VP Healthcare Payer Sales
Who We Are:
Calm is the leading mental health brand, on a mission to support everyone on every step of their mental health journey. With the #1 app for sleep, meditation and relaxation, Calm’s transformational mindfulness content supports users across seven languages in more than 190 countries.
What We Do:
Calm’s B2B team is committed to expanding access to mental health resources by building solutions for enterprises and the healthcare industry that drive positive health and business outcomes. Our engaging solutions provide HIPAA-compliant resources, clinical programs, data and analytics tools, leadership and development workshops, and more.
Calm is a remote-first company that typically prioritizes hiring in SF, LA, and NYC where we have a concentration of employees. While these locations are ideal, we may be flexible to hiring in other locations as needs allow.
What You’ll Do:
As the Vice President of Payer Sales, you will play a pivotal role in leading Calm’s efforts to establish and maintain strong relationships with payors in the healthcare industry. You will be responsible for developing and executing strategies to help drive revenue growth, expand market presence, and ensure alignment with the Calm’s overall goals. This position requires a strategic thinker with a proven track record of success in payor sales, exceptional leadership skills, and a deep understanding of the healthcare landscape.
- Develop and implement a strategic and proactive approach to identify and cultivate new relationships with regional and national payers, with a focus on large accounts
- Build and manage the payor sales team to optimize performance and achieve revenue targets
- Monitor industry trends, competitive landscape, and regulatory changes to identify opportunities for Calm while mitigating risks
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders at payor organizations, including executives, decision-makers, and influencers
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, industry standards, and contractual obligations in all payor-related activities
- Act as a true subject matter expert on health plans while refining sales strategies to attract and secure long-term clients
- Represent Calm at industry conferences and relevant events, establishing our presence as a leader in the market
Who You Are:
- Deep experience in the healthcare industry, including payor dynamics, reimbursement models, regulatory requirements, and emerging trends
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, with experience managing and developing high-performing sales teams in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence key stakeholders and build strategic partnerships
- Proven success in developing and managing enterprise partnerships with regional and/or national payors
- Understanding the challenges facing national payors (e.g.healthcare reform, the rise in patient pay responsibility) and proving thought partnership on how Calm can be part of their solution set
- Proficient in leveraging data analytics, Salesforce, and other sales enablement tools to inform decision-making and optimize sales performance
- Ability to travel 30%+ of the time to meet with clients, attend industry events, and support team activities
- This role typically requires 15+ years of relevant experience
- Minimum of 8+ years of progressive experience in payor sales, with a proven track record of success in driving revenue growth and exceeding sales targets
- Experience and understanding of healthcare industry
The on-target earnings for this role is $300,000 - $350,000. The exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidate's geographic location, experience, and other qualifications. This role is also eligible for equity + comprehensive benefits + 401k + flexible time off.
Please note that Calm may leverage artificial intelligence technology in the application review process.
Calm is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans. Please contact Calm’s Recruiting team if you need a reasonable accommodation, assistance completing any forms, or to otherwise participate in the application process. You can reach the Recruiting team at email@example.com.
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm participates in e-verify. E-verify provides the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.