Strategic Account Executive (Mid-Atlantic/Southeast)
Who We Are:
Calm is the leading mental health brand, on a mission to support everyone on every step of their mental health journey. With the #1 app for sleep, meditation and relaxation, Calm’s transformational mindfulness content supports users across seven languages in more than 190 countries.
What We Do:
Calm Business is an enterprise-level solution helping organizations and people leaders globally take a proactive and preventative approach to mental health in the workplace to improve employee productivity, engagement and overall well-being. Through Calm Business, employees and their dependents gain access to Calm — the #1 most trusted meditation, mindfulness and sleep app with a library of engaging and outcome-based content such as meditations, Sleep Stories, masterclasses and more.
We are hiring remote workers for this role in the Mid-Atlantic/Southeast region. At this time, only candidates in these locations will be considered.
What You’ll Do:
The ideal candidate is a highly qualified sales person with a deep understanding of Benefits and HR priorities that drive buying decisions. The Strategic Account Executive should thrive in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment. As a member of our Strategic Accounts sales team, you will play a critical role in generating pipeline and closing business with large enterprise level customers.
- Identify prospective customer needs through strategic dialogues with large enterprise stakeholders
- Partner closely with our outbound Sales Development team to strategically prospect into your key book of business
- Drive and execute on an outbound pipeline generation strategy for your book of business
- Develop trusting relationships with Benefits and HR leaders to move deals through to close
- Build out your territory from the ground up by conducting extensive research into target accounts
- Consistently meet and exceed quotas of closed-won business
- Maintain a clear Salesforce cadence while consistently and accurately forecasting sales activity and revenue achievement
- Conduct tailored presentations on Calm’s value to prospective customers, diving deeply into the specific organization’s needs
- Keep abreast of market intelligence to provide an expert point of view to prospects and customers
Who You Are:
- Extensive and creative pipeline generation skills (outbound prospecting on your own and in partnership with our Sales Development team)
- Experience in successfully closing large enterprise level deals while successfully navigating a complex sales cycle
- A natural collaborator with cross-functional partners like Marketing and Product
- Highly collaborative and able to build trusting internal and external relationships
- Proven successful track record of exceeding sales quotas
- Resourceful and able to prioritize a large, strategic sales pipeline
- Experience managing pipeline and outreach with Salesforce, Outreach, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, and Zoom Info
- Strong presentation skills with experience successfully selling to VP+ level stakeholders
Nice to Haves:
- HR/Benefits selling experience strongly preferred
- 10+ years in a quota carrying, closing sales experience selling a B2B product
- 5+ years of experience in Enterprise selling
The on-target earnings for this role are $310,000 annualized with a 50/50 split between base pay and incentive compensation ($155,000 base/$155,000 incentive). The exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidate’s skills, experience, and other qualifications. This role is also eligible for equity + comprehensive benefits + 401k + flexible time off.
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans. Please contact Calm’s Recruiting team if you need a reasonable accommodation or any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Calm participates in e-verify. E-verify provides the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.