Senior iOS Engineer (Latin America - Remote)
What You’ll Do
- Develop software solutions for complex product engineering projects towards a business goal; ship software that matters to our customers and our company
- Be a steward of quality, scalability, and performance. You'll work on projects to ensure that we have a solid foundation that serves our customers and enables the team to continue building a great product
- Design and architect new software systems or introduce new technologies, as appropriate, to support brightwheel's growth
- Improve engineering velocity by implementing best practices and frameworks; improve coding efficiency and quality across the team
- Proactively identify and diagnose issues of reliability and performance; rapidly deploy code to address issues
- Drive sound, data-driven decision-making; analyze data insights to uncover opportunities to improve architecture for a great customer experience
- Implement excellence in engineering processes & culture across teams
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams effectively and with empathy; promote technical learning across teams
- Mentor peers and junior engineers. Build trust and respect in the team
- Interview and evaluate engineering candidates' technical capabilities to help grow our engineering team
Qualifications, Technical Skills
- You must have 3+ years of professional experience working with iOS development in a fast-moving team setting
- You must have deep technical knowledge of the iOS development stack and its frameworks
- You must have 2+ years of professional Swift development experience
- You must have familiarity with objective-c development
- You should be confident in onboarding yourself to a project and operate with little guidance but know when to ask for help
- You should be comfortable designing and/or consuming REST APIs
- You should have experience with reactive programming using RxSwift
Qualifications, Essential People Skills
- You focus on business impact, and successful outcomes for you and your team, and seek ways to continuously improve.
- You make pragmatic technology choices at work and make time to learn in your slack time whenever appropriate.
- You care deeply about your work and know how your attitude affects those around you; it’s obvious you’re having fun with your work and peers.
- You experiment with many different types of development and project methodologies and have a healthy appreciation for what works; you drive engineering process and culture improvements
- You focus on clear and concise communication because you understand it’s the most significant responsibility of your job as an engineer.
- You love to teach and learn from your peers.
- Must be open to 3rd party contract through DEEL or another Employer of Record