IT Operations Specialist - Procurement
Why join us
Brex empowers the next generation of businesses with an integrated corporate card and spend management software. We make it easy for our customers to manage every aspect of spending and empower their employees to make better financial decisions from anywhere they live or work. Brex proudly serves tens of thousands of growing businesses, from early-stage startups to enterprise leaders.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Engineering at Brex
The Engineering team includes Data, IT, Security, and Software, and is responsible for building innovative products and infrastructure for Brex and our customers. We believe that engineers should accelerate the business through technology, and collaborate across multiple teams to accomplish that.
Teams are autonomous, value inclusivity, eager to learn, teach and constantly improve how things work. The software we build today is the foundation for dozens of Brex systems in the future, so engineers have a strong sense of ownership and accountability and take pride in their craft.
What you’ll do
Brex is seeking a fiercely organized and highly skilled procurement specialist to join the IT team. We are looking for someone who is versatile in nature, with the ability to tackle challenges while maintaining an even keel and sense of humor. This person will be ensuring the success of Brex’s outsourced vendors from an IT perspective. They will be confident in their ability to coordinate global contracts and budgets within set deadlines, organize and facilitate meetings, and maintain expectations amongst internal and external stakeholders. This person will be responsible for establishing and maintaining positive relationships with various teams in the company, while delivering timely and efficient contract lifecycle management.
- Autonomously manage IT vendor relationships, including contracts, negotiations, terms and renewals
- Manage and improve our intake process for software that ensures we’re buying the right things, and helps streamline end to end vendor onboarding
- Manage SaaS spend across multiple budgets, including forecasting and actuals
- Build strong relationships across group budget owners including Engineering,Finance, Legal, HR, Go To Market, and Security
- Clearly & concisely communicate complex information to disparate audiences.
- Manage and improve our global software catalog
- 4+ years of work experience
- Deep experience managing IT vendors, both hardware and software
- Very strong contract management and negotiation skills. You’re able to work with vendors to get the terms we want, and the best possible deals
- Excellent organizational and process building skills. You can create and improve processes and get buy-in from others
- Extraordinary relationship-building skills with the ability to engage and influence others toward achieving common goals
- Experience in project planning and delivery; being able to identify a problem, and map out the scope of work and stakeholders to arrive at a scalable solution
- Excellent analytical skills for managing our KPIs and creating data visualizations
- Experience using Ironclad
- Experience working with DocuSign
- Experience using Coupa
- Experience using Vendr
- Familiarity with Atlassian Jira
The expected salary range for this role is 96,000 - 120,000 USD. However, the starting base pay will depend on a number of factors including the candidate’s location, skills, experience, market demands, and internal pay parity. Depending on the position offered, equity and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package.
Please be aware, job-seekers may be at risk of targeting by malicious actors looking for personal data. Brex recruiters will only reach out via LinkedIn or email with a brex.com domain. Any outreach claiming to be from Brex via other sources should be ignored.