Director, Global Compensation
At Braze, we have found our people. We’re a genuinely approachable, exceptionally kind, and intensely passionate crew.
We seek to ignite that passion by setting high standards, championing teamwork, and creating work-life harmony as we collectively navigate rapid growth on a global scale while striving for greater equity and opportunity – inside and outside our organization.
To flourish here, you must be prepared to set a high bar for yourself and those around you. There is always a way to contribute: Acting with autonomy, having accountability and being open to new perspectives are essential to our continued success. Our deep curiosity to learn and our eagerness to share diverse passions with others gives us balance and injects a one-of-a-kind vibrancy into our culture.
If you are driven to solve exhilarating challenges and have a bias toward action in the face of change, you will be empowered to make a real impact here, with a sharp and passionate team at your back. If Braze sounds like a place where you can thrive, we can’t wait to meet you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Director of Global Compensation will lead and assume accountability for strategy development, design, implementation, administration, and governance of all cash and incentive compensation programs at Braze. This person will ensure that programs are competitive, sustainable, scalable, and have an impact on the long and short-term performance of the entire organization, domestically and internationally.
This is a collaborative role, working cross-functionally with senior leadership, our finance team, and the internal people team function to understand the business and collectively develop effective solutions. Leading a team of three (2) compensation managers and analysts, the Director will support the VP of Total Rewards.
- Build and maintain a competitive compensation strategy that motivates performance, is fiscally responsible, and supports the attraction and retention of high-performing talent.
- Manages deep analysis of the effectiveness and competitiveness of existing reward programs and models the potential financial impact of alternatives.
- Manages global annual rewards cycles, including merit, promotion, and bonus reviews; partners with FP&A to conduct appropriate budget modeling.
- Oversees the communication and education of compensation programs aligned with our compensation philosophy.
- Oversees compensation-related vendor relationships, negotiating services (in partnership with Procurement), and managing costs.
- Ensures strong governance and compliance of all Compensation programs, including pay equity analysis and wage transparency requirements.
- Build, lead, and mentor a high-performing team of compensation professionals.
WHO YOU ARE
- 10+ years of experience in compensation with a focus on innovative, fast-growing workforce; preferably gained while working for a global publicly traded organization
- Experience in design and implementation of compensation structures across multiple geographies
- Strong ability to communicate compensation process and strategies with HR partners and business
- Ability to operate in a face-paced environment with competing priorities while communicating and driving quality results
- Experience in leading large-scale projects with heavy change management requirements
- People builder and developer of talent; excellent and inspirational manager of team members
- Advanced competency in Google Sheets and/or Microsoft Excel
- Location: This is a hybrid role with some in-office attendance expectations. This individual must reside within commuting distance from our or global headquarters in New York, NY or be open to relocation.
For candidates based in the United States, the pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $180,000 and $215,000/year with an expected On Target Earnings (OTE) between $209,000 and $250,000/year (including bonus or commission). Your exact offer may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to cash compensation, Braze offers full- and part- time employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSUs) so that all Braze employees own a piece of our company.
WHAT WE OFFER
Details of these benefits plan will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
From offering comprehensive benefits to fostering flexible environments, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that may include equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteer Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Braze is a leading customer engagement platform that powers lasting connections between consumers and brands they love. Braze allows any marketer to collect and take action on any amount of data from any source, so they can creatively engage with customers in real time, across channels from one platform. From cross-channel messaging and journey orchestration to Al-powered experimentation and optimization, Braze enables companies to build and maintain absolutely engaging relationships with their customers that foster growth and loyalty.
Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S., the UK and Singapore. We ranked #1 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces (Medium), #3 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (Medium), #4 on Great Place to Work’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Europe (Medium), #10 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Women (Large), #19 on Fortune’s 2023 Best Workplaces in New York (Large). We were also featured in Built In's 2024 Best Places to Work, U.S. News Best Technology Companies to Work For, and Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Tech.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, Jakarta, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo – not to mention our employees in nearly 50 remote locations.