Technical Support Specialist
At Braze, we have found our people. We’re a genuinely approachable, exceptionally kind, and intensely passionate crew.
We seek to ignite that passion by setting high standards, championing teamwork, and creating work-life harmony as we collectively navigate rapid growth on a global scale while striving for greater equity and opportunity – inside and outside our organization.
To flourish here, you must be prepared to set a high bar for yourself and those around you. There is always a way to contribute: Acting with autonomy, having accountability and being open to new perspectives are essential to our continued success. Our deep curiosity to learn and our eagerness to share diverse passions with others gives us balance and injects a one-of-a-kind vibrancy into our culture.
If you are driven to solve exhilarating challenges and have a bias toward action in the face of change, you will be empowered to make a real impact here, with a sharp and passionate team at your back. If Braze sounds like a place where you can thrive, we can’t wait to meet you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Technical Support Specialist, you will be an essential part of our Global Technical Support Team that owns the post-sale technical relationship with our customers.
Your focus will be to own, prioritize, troubleshoot, and build a response plan for complex inbound customer support issues relating to our platform. You will work in coordination with your Global Technical Support teammates to ensure our customers are able to quickly and successfully overcome any technical issues they may face when using our platform. You’ll also regularly contribute to our knowledge database, helping to “pay it forward” allowing teammates and customers to learn quickly from your insight. Want to learn and grow in the role? Perfect! We will give you plenty of opportunity to become a subject matter expert in our platform and will challenge you with stretch projects that will help you learn about coding, marketing automation, and mobile ecosystems.
WHO YOU ARE
People say you’re a great communicator and top-tier problem solver. You have exemplary written and verbal communication skills with unparalleled follow-up skills. You leave people with the impression that you are really listening to them, understand their problem, and you’re there to help. You look for every opportunity to make things better and you’re all about the team. You get a thrill from helping customers and you know that even though the job isn’t easy, you’re making a difference each and every day. You’re naturally curious and you see every problem as an opportunity to learn more or help others (teammates or customers) learn more too.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year college or university or similar experience-based proficiency level
- 2-3 years experience supporting a technical product, ideally in SaaS or Mobile
- Excellent communication skills and an empathetic customer-centric attitude
- Experience handling time-sensitive, pressure-intensive customer issues
- Working knowledge of case management tools like Salesforce, Zendesk or similar ticketing system
- Talent for synthesizing complex ideas and communicating them in a way others can easily understand
- A keen attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and deliver on deadlines
- Background in SaaS
- Experience in mobile platforms (Android, iOS)
- Project Management Experience
For candidates based in the United States, the pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $60,450 and $79,050/year with an expected On Target Earnings (OTE) between $65,000 and $85,000/year (including bonus or commission). Your exact offer may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to cash compensation, Braze offers full- and part- time employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSUs) so that all Braze employees own a piece of our company.
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies.
Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S., the UK and Singapore. We ranked #1 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces (Medium), #3 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (Medium), #19 on Fortune’s 2022 Best Workplaces in New York (Large), and #5 on Fortune’s 2022 Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, Jakarta, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo – not to mention our employees in nearly 50 remote locations.