Building incomparably simple financial operations solutions supporting the heartbeat of our communities and nearly half of the U.S. GDP --- small and mid sized businesses.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
This position is based in Draper, UT.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
We are looking for an experienced Staff Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to be the voice of quality within their Engineering squad/team by providing automation coverage, new and updated tooling, and contributing to building framework solutions.
As a Staff SDET, you will provide technical leadership to your squad building new tooling specific to their needs, adding to current and future automation frameworks, and “owning” quality holistically. You believe in “Extreme ownership”, proactively work to identify problems within the code as well as quality practices, and will introduce industry-leading UI (Web/Mobile) testing practices within the team.
- Work 80% of time on automation tooling and infrastructure to help enable and drive quality via good testing practices
- Collaborate with the leaders across Engineering, DevOps, and QA to drive cross functional improvements with clear requirements and appropriate documentation
- Work with the Engineering teams to create and evangelize quality assurance practices and train team members to adopt a quality-first approach to delivery
- Lead and contribute to testing framework design and implementation, optimize testing process and enable quality gating within the continuous delivery pipeline for the Squad’s deliverables
- Enable other types of automated testing as appropriate and necessary
We’d love to chat if you have:
- 8+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6+ years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3+ years experience; or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of professional experience working with software development teams (Cross-Functional environment preferred)
- Experience writing automation frameworks or contributing heavily to them.
- An innate ability to pick and ramp with new technologies/languages quickly.
- Experience with determining the cause of automated test failures and making it easier for others to do the same.
Let’s talk about benefits:
- 100% paid employee health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
For positions that are in office we support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days. Check out our LinkedIn Life Page for each location and Discover BILL.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants