Do the best work of your career, helping businesses change the way they manage finances.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company.
Reporting to the Sr Director, Compensation, this role blends strong technical compensation experience with a “business partner” mindset and lead strategic analysis that helps us make critical decisions on compensation for retaining and attracting talent.
- Provide expertise in compensation program design and strategy, performing analysis and modeling to support recommendations
- Conduct competitive benchmarking and analysis to evaluate existing compensation programs, policies, and procedures
- Identify opportunities to improve compensation programs, policies and processes, through development and implementation
- Serve as subject matter expert to Leaders, HR Business Partners, and Talent Acquisition to consult and develop solutions for their compensation issues i.e. new hire offers., promotions, internal transfers, retention, etc.
- Create and deliver change management, communication and training to support the adoption & effectiveness of our compensation programs
- Participate in the planning and execution of bi-annual compensation planning cycles
- Lead client groups through bi-annual compensation planning cycles
- Participate in bi-annual market analysis, and develop compensation ranges for client groups
- Influence strategic thinking on how to best leverage Bill.com’s Total Rewards strategy to make the right investment decisions when attracting and retaining talent.
- Participates in salary surveys
We'd love to chat if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Finance or related field; or equivalent
- 8+ years of previous Compensation experience preferred
- Experience in a fast growth dynamic technology company is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of compensation salary planning, incentive programs, market pricing, analytics and pay structure analysis
- High degree of proficiency with analytics, Google suite, Excel, PowerPoint and Workday’s Advanced Compensation module, including developing spreadsheets with formulas, functions, pivot tables and lookups
- Strong knowledge of Radford Global Survey
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
- Adaptable and comfortable shifting between high-level design, collaborating work, and analytical and operational work
- Ability to pivot frequently, handling shifting priorities and multitask to deliver results and meet deadlines
- Customer focus, ability to develop and maintain collaborative partnership with peers, internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- Experience working with HR technology i.e. Workday, ADP, etc.
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid employee health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
This role is based in California.
The estimated base salary range for this role is noted below for our office location in San Jose, CA. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in BILL’s bonus and equity plan. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
For positions that are in office we support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days. Check out our LinkedIn Life Page for each location and Discover BILL.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants