Senior Manager, Commercial Enablement
Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
Senior Manager, Commercial Enablement
The following position is open in Illinois, United States.
What makes this a great opportunity?
- Opportunity to lead and shape a new white space department and future of training and education at Beam.
- Highly influential national strategic leadership role defining commercial skillsets and standards for teams to be successful.
- Significantly cross functional role with exposure to senior leadership.
- Potential to advance within Beam Suntory
The Senior Manager, Commercial Enablement will lead the development and education of the Beam Suntory US Commercial Capabilities Platform strategy. They will be the lead driver of identifying and establishing key standards, tools and experiences to be built out and implemented to enable top notch commercial performance and individual career development at Beam.
Commercial Enablement Responsibilities:
- Spearhead and develop the strategic playbook to drive a clear focus on building modern commercial capabilities, driving alignment, and enabling collaboration across commercial functions.
- Define and engage leadership on "winning" capabilities needed to deliver on strategy and develop competitive advantage.
- Lead the development, codification, and implementation of the Commercial Capabilities. This includes development of essential talent tools and ways of working, making sure they are clear, simple, and strategically sound. Key areas of focus include commercial strategy, annual growth planning, and consumer experience development, and creative development.
- Partner with HR to define and map talent competencies and skills for the Commercial organization. This work will provide Beam Suntory with the insight to assess commercial talent's strengths, areas of development, and gaps for capability development.
- Strategically evaluate current teams, tools, and ways of working across the commercial organization to understand where capability gaps exist, and pockets of excellence that can be leveraged.
- Design and lead ongoing training and development programs to support and inspire best in class commercial capabilities, leveraging sales and strategy leadership experience and credibility.
- Exceptional leadership skills with ability to inspire and influence change across an organization.
- Market and Industry Expertise: In-depth knowledge of industry dynamics and nuances; Knows the market better than competition. Leverages channel knowledge to align brand strategies that drive profitable growth.
- Cross-functional Experience: Skilled at managing multiple senior stakeholders and comfortable navigating a matrix environment.
- Agility and comfort in strategic "white space" work, defining new opportunities while also having a bias for action to execute new ways of thinking and doing,
- Financial Acumen and Business Analytics: Robust understanding of NSV, Size Mix, GP, and how they are connected to drive business results. Adept at effectively interpreting and applying key insights from Nielsen. Sales Nav, IRI and/or NABCA; Expert at analyzing and drawing patterns in competitor strategies, strengths, and areas of development to influence sales and sales education roadmap.
- Highly self-directed and proactively identify & address opportunities
- Foster and embed creativity in organizational ways of thinking and doing
- Integrate diversity and inclusion into best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 8-10 years experience in commercial Strategy and Sales. Alcohol beverage industry experience is strongly preferred. Experience creating and delivering effective onboarding programs.
- Chicago Based Role (Hybrid office schedule - 60/40 office/remote)
- Travel 10%
Competencies – Organizational, Role Specific & Leadership
- Entrepreneurial Approach
- Creating Innovative Solutions
- Beating the Competition…. Together
Role Specific Competencies
- Entreprenurial disposition and stellar leadership skills
- Commercial perspective and breadth of experience
- Strong communicator and collaborator
- Strategic thinker and planner
- Attention to detail while managing toward big-picture priorities
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant’s skills and experience.