Retail Execution Manager, GTR - New York
Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
Retail Execution Manager, GTR - New York
The following position is is open in New York, United States.
What makes this a great opportunity?
The Retail Execution Manager role is accountable for delivering the long-term executional excellence standards for Beam Suntory's top strategic airports. This role will be tasked with translating the strategy into action in-store, with the ultimate goal of increasing market share and driving brand visibility aligned to our commercial & corporate mission.
Working hand in hand with commercial, marketing functions and external stakeholders, it is important that the successful candidate is able to manage both long and short-term activities to achieve our executional excellence KPI's. With a strong focus to detail in retail and in-store excellence, including; stock level management, depletion and promotion analysis and outlet standards while managing the customer relationship & contact strategy, it is expected that this role will be the face of Beam Suntory to our external airport partners. To achieve this, we require a highly motivated candidate with fantastic interpersonal skills, ability to build collaborative relationships to succeed and be agile and flexible in communication styles.
- This role will be responsible for sales and executional engagement on the shop floor, meaning everyday deployment of activations, ensuring stock availability, overseeing sales & promotions, etc. They will be responsible for building relationships and engaging with key stakeholders in airports.
- Identify and analyze business within market using syndicated data and account data information to capitalize on potential opportunities
- Ensure consistent adherence to brand guidelines and outlet standards
- Deliver on 6P goals annually (POS, Price, Persuasion, Promotion, People & Permanent Visibility) at Account & store level
- Work closely with commercial Key Account Managers to identify opportunity and risk in our executional excellence, acting as the internal voice of the shop floor providing insights in shopper, promotion, competitor and market dynamics.
- Be the retail partner of our business. Aligning location strategy, annual targets, innovation and activation pipeline & customer operations lead.
- Implementation, tracking and reporting of in store Outlet Standards KPI’s
- Gathering of insights, shopper behaviours and market conditions to better understand our in store performance, risks and opportunities.
- Keen understanding of selling stories and category insights to influence and improve BSI outlet performance.
- Responsible for Brand Ambassador engagement and training, including tracking of results, information flow and monthly Brand Ambassador reporting and KPI tracking.
- Responsible for depletion targets in tandem with commercial and marketing leads.
- Ensure compliance of customer JBP in store activity such as promotional plans, distribution and ranging.
- Reporting of competitor activity, promotions and innovations across their territory.
- Sales or retail experience within FMCG/luxury goods/spirits
- Ideally 5+ years of retail or sales experience
- Strong selling skill set and ability to influence
- Team player with a strong collaborative approach
- Customer focused strategic thinker with creative flair & and eye for category insights
- Good analytical skills – ability to work within a deadline & deliver commercial KPIs
- In-depth understanding of retailers in a global market
- Travel 30-40% of time
- Travel Retail experience preferred
The salary range for this role, based in New York, is $88,000 to $100,000, along with an annual bonus, 401K match, profit sharing, and medical and wellness benefits. The salary range is commensurate with the candidate’s location, experience, and skillset. The range will vary if outside of this location.
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant’s skills and experience.