Assistant Trade Marketing Manager, GTR - New York
Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
Assistant Trade Marketing Manager, GTR - New York
The following position is is open in New York, United States.
What makes this a great opportunity?
As a world leader in premium spirits, Beam Suntory inspires the brilliance of life by delivering great consumer experiences through its world-class portfolio of brands. Known for its craftsmanship of premium whiskies, including Jim Beam®, Maker’s Mark®, Basil Hayden® and Knob Creek® bourbons; Japanese whiskies, including Yamazaki®, Hakushu®, Hibiki® and Toki™; and leading Scotch brands including Teacher’s, Laphroaig® and Bowmore®, Beam Suntory also produces leading brands such as Courvoisier® cognac, Tres Generaciones®, El Tesoro® and Hornitos® tequila, Roku™ and Sipsmith® gin, Canadian Club® whisky, and is a world leader in ready-to-drink cocktails, with brands like -196 and On The Rocks ™ Premium Cocktails.
A global company with approximately 6,000 employees in more than 30 countries, one of Beam Suntory’s core values is Growing for Good and through its Proof Positive sustainability strategy, the company has committed to ambitious goals and investments to promote environmental sustainability in its operations, ensure the company has a positive impact on the communities where employees live and work, and programs to educate and inform consumers to make the right personal choices about drinking. Headquartered in New York City, Beam Suntory is a subsidiary of Suntory Holdings Limited of Japan.
The Assistant Trade Marketing Manager, GTR has the opportunity to work on world-famous brands and inspire shoppers at the point of purchase with innovative and creative ideas that drive luxury and premiumization forward. This role allows contribution to the growth of our brands in the GTR channel and to partner with major retail customers.
- Implement and track the Shopper Marketing visibility and activation Plan to increase sales and brand/category presence.
- Work closely with relevant internal stakeholders to align on planned timings and share back insights on performance
- Establish strong connection and ways of working with external agencies to ensure smooth and timely roll-out of key launches both online and on-counter; as well as to identify marketing opportunities per door to maximize retailer activations.
- Support new permanent visibility rollout by working with agency and Commercial to ensure timely launch and clear planograming.
- Under the guidance of the team, update Marketing Calendar, support in preparation of retailer’s presentation to sell in shopper programs.
- Provide support on execution of Media campaigns, KOL marketing and social campaigns to drive brand awareness for key campaigns.
- Responsible for planning and tracking of GWP usage based on trade plan
- To drive excellence in POS execution – ensuring visibility of brands in line with brand strategy and image
- Feedback to Shopper Marketing Manager performance of key campaigns of set KPIs and ways to improve for next promotion.
- Understand all the effective touchpoints for maximizing visibility
- Understand the location and airport dynamics with a close eye on competitors’ activities and consumer trends in the market.
- Assist with any ad hoc trade marketing activities and support the team when needed
- Contribute to the timely raising of purchase requisitions and tracking of brand investment budget
- Maintenance of master data files, and any other administrative duties assigned from time to time.
- Support the team on preparation of monthly internal meetings/presentations.
- Support the team on the planning of trade shows
- Support the team with any VIP/Senior Stakeholder visit in Airport
- Possess a recognized university degree, preferably in Marketing / Business.
- At least 5+ year of relevant working experience
- Prior experience in alcohol, luxury, FMCG or Travel Retail industry will be an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal skill to manage several projects and stakeholders simultaneously and independently
- Positive, proactive and enthusiastic team player
- Excellent organizational skills, able to prioritize in a very fast-paced environment and understand business context.
The salary range for this role is a base salary of $75,0000-$85,000 along with an annual bonus, 401K match, profit sharing, and medical and wellness benefits. Salary range is commensurate with candidate’s location, experience and skillset.
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant’s skills and experience.