Territory Manager - Indiana
Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
Territory Manager - Indiana
The following position is open in Indiana, United States.
What makes this a great opportunity?
Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation, and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
- Entrepreneurial position in a high volume, high value market (Top 10 in USA)
- Opportunity to develop and establish sustainable on/off premise strategy, evaluate ROI of territory activities and build distributor partner relationships to drive goals and objectives
- Assist State Manager in achieving vol., profit, and KPI targets for the Indiana market
- Drive Beam Suntory brand presence to achieve maximum penetration across the on and off premise. In the On-Premise, maintain and develop new volume opportunities with customers to include placements/spec list improvements; menu listing in key cocktails; feature and promotions, and well placements. In the Off-Premise, drive distribution and display and shelf strategy.
- Manage distributor partner relationship for assigned territory; including assessing distributor execution, progress against financial performance objectives and all key performance indicators (KPIs). Demonstrate ability to influence distributor stakeholders without authority to achieve these business results and objectives. Provide monthly sales training and communication to distributor sales force in areas of market, category and brand trends, as well as sales tactics and techniques.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and with key customers to facilitate collaborative business partnerships with national, regional, and independent accounts. Ensure compliance with all chain account initiatives, including coordination with regional account managers and local teams, proactive management of all programs, and reporting presentations.
- Conduct monthly/quarterly/yearly planning and market performance recap/review sessions with State Manager and Distributor teams to identify areas of opportunity and risk. Leverage insights to adapt to competitive marketplace from a pricing and programming standpoint
- Manage budget (i.e.OPEX, Brand Investment Funds, T&E).
- Keep current with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations; ensure all efforts and sales activities are in compliance
- Create a culture of inclusion, diversity of thought, and accountability. Communicate effectively with all stakeholders in the value chain, including Distributor, On/Off Premise, Brand, Field Marketing, and Finance teams.
- Collaborate with cross functional partners (ex: Field Marketing, distillery partners, etc….) to maximize marketplace opportunities while leading, planning and executing best in class market activation.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
- Exceptional planning, communication and self-management skills
- Sales experience, including experience selling promotion and marketing programs
- Experience in spirits industry preferred – Distributor, Channel Management, On & Off Premise Experience, and People Leadership all considered.
- Licensed driver of motor vehicles.
- Ability to travel central/northern Indiana
- MS Office Suite
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant’s skills and experience.