Sr. Fullstack Engineer - New Homes
At Realtor.com®, we have among the most comprehensive and accurate coverage of real estate listings and the most engaged users across all the online real estate portals. Our mission is to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Building your career? Build it better at Realtor.com®. Join us and help change the world of real estate, one home at a time.
Sr. Fullstack Engineer at Realtor.com (View all jobs)
Location: Austin, TX
Would you like to work in an engineering environment that rewards your passion? The New Homes engineering team offers a remarkable opportunity to engage in cutting-edge research and development of highly scalable, data-driven, consumer-facing solutions. Our aim is to empower a diverse and inclusive range of consumers who are seeking their dream home. As the leading provider of builder listings in the US, our New Homes team continuously brings forth innovative solutions to enhance accessibility and expedite consumer's journey towards homeownership. Whether it's building the technological infrastructure that enables the development of vibrant communities or the construction of hyper-customized green houses, we are actively seeking engineers who are driven by making a tangible impact. Collaborate and learn from world-class talent who foster a culture of data-driven decision-making, experimentation, and continuous learning. Leverage the latest technologies, including Next.js, React, Node.js, Nest.js, GraphQL, Snowflake, Kafka, and more to accelerate your professional growth and achieve new heights in your career.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate closely with Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers in cross-functional squads.
- Take ownership of the overall architecture and development of a highly scalable React.js frontend application that communicates with service Lambdas.
- Implement dynamic and interactive pages using React.js, utilizing GraphQL services.
- Develop backend solutions using Nest.js and GraphQL.
- Handle a high traffic, high velocity application, paying attention to SEO, Core Web Vitals, and load testing.
- Work within an Agile/Scrum product development process.
- Collaborate with our security team to address security vulnerabilities.
- Contribute to the team's technical documentation.
- Contribute to the team's on-call duties.
- Promoting engineering and quality best practices to the engineering team.
- Facilitate and coordinate with cross-functional teams and 3rd party vendors.
- Collaborating with the team in breaking down work into smaller and more manageable pieces of work to deliver incremental value to our consumers.
How we work:
We balance creativity and innovation on a foundation of in-person collaboration. For most roles, our employees work three or more days in our offices, where they have the opportunity to collaborate in-person, adding richness to our culture and knitting us closer together.
What you'll bring:
- We are looking for a driven software engineer who thrives on building exceptional products and maintaining a high-quality codebase in a fast-paced environment.
- As an ideal candidate, you possess the ability to transform requirements into impactful, yet simple solutions that are both minimalistic and visually appealing, while also being extensible and maintainable.
- Your independence and project management skills allow you to effectively handle your own projects and time, while consistently meeting stakeholder expectations.
- Strong communication skills, coupled with a growth mindset and eagerness to learn, are essential for collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams.
- You bring experience in developing complex software systems using modern frameworks, tools, and systems. Working across the full technical stack, you consistently deliver high-quality code that meets stringent standards.
- Your analytical thinking skills enable you to make data-driven decisions, and your attention to detail ensures that you consistently deliver beautiful user experiences.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of software development experience, proficient in one or more modern programming languages (e.g., React.js/Next.js, Python, Ruby, Go, Node.js, Dart). You have a strong background in building single-page applications and implementing progressive web applications and service workers.
- Exposure to cloud-based architectures, development, and deployment is a plus, particularly with cloud technologies such as AWS EC2, ECS, S3, and RDS.
- Your knowledge of computer science fundamentals, schema design, and best practices further enhances your ability to excel in this role.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field is required.
- Experience working with cross functional engineers, Product Managers, and Designers.
- Able to provide both detailed information as well as summaries to varied audiences.
- Experience with evaluating written code to ensure it meets industry standards.
- Experience with media advertising products such as Google Ad Manager.
- 5+ years related experience is required.
Do the best work of your life at Realtor.com
Building your career? Build it better at Realtor.com®. Here, you’ll partner with a diverse team of experts as you use leading-edge tech to empower everyone to meet a crucial goal: finding their way home. And you’ll find your way home too. People are our foundation—the core that drives us passionately forward. At Realtor.com, you’ll bring your full self to work as you innovate with speed, serve our consumers, and champion your teammates. In return we’ll provide you with a warm, welcoming, and inclusive culture; intellectual challenges; and the development opportunities you need to grow.
Diversity is important to us, therefore, realtor.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, realtor.com will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.