Sr Manager, Software Engineering
At Realtor.com®, we have among the most comprehensive and accurate coverage of real estate listings and the most engaged users across all the online real estate portals. Our mission is to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Building your career? Build it better at Realtor.com®. Join us and help change the world of real estate, one home at a time.
Job Title: Sr. Manager, Software Engineering
Move, Inc. (operator of www.realtor.com) in Santa Clara, CA is seeking an experienced Sr. Manager, Software Engineering to lead one of our software engineering teams in developing business strategy and creating a world class consumer experience that will move home shoppers further along their home buying journey. This position will guide engineering teams to rapidly deliver value to our consumers and customers through Agile incremental implementation with high quality.
Job responsibilities and duties include:
- Build highly scalable experiences and services around advanced machine learning and predictive analytic models.
- Design and operationalize experiences and services using advanced data architectures deployed on Amazon Web Services
- Collaborate with technical leads and architects to define a technical roadmap and maintain the overall architectural integrity of the Move products.
- Continually optimize our tools and practices cross-team and cross-organization to experiment faster and deliver value more quickly.
- Construct and maintain an environment of integrity, trust, high quality, and continuous improvement.
- Motivate the team and enthusiastically rally them around delivering against a wide variety of organizational initiatives.
This position has at least two (2) direct reports including: two (2) Software Engineer Associates
Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Software Engineering, Computer Applications, Electrical or Electronic Engineering, Information Technology, or any related IT or Engineering field of study, plus at least three (3) years of experience in the job offered or in any related position(s). Employer will accept a foreign degree.
In lieu of the above-stated primary education and experience requirements, the company will accept a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Software Engineering, Computer Applications, Electrical or Electronic Engineering, Information Technology, or any related IT or Engineering field of study, plus at least five (5) years of post-degree, progressively responsible experience in any related position(s). Employer will accept a foreign degree.
Qualified applicants must also have demonstrable proficiency, knowledge, skill, and experience with the following:
- Demonstrated experience leading, coordinating or managing software engineering teams in a technology company
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with rapidly shipping code and learning/iterating on the results.
- Coaching or mentoring engineers
- One or more of the following database technologies: Postgres or MySQL
- AWS or GCP
- Hands-on experience with high-level design and design patterns.
No travel. Work for home (WFH) benefit flexibility; must be able to work in office 3 days per week.
At Realtor, we recognize that attracting the best talent is key to our strategy and success as a company. As a result, we aim for flexibility in structuring competitive compensation offers to ensure we are able to attract the best candidates.
The quoted salary range represents our good faith estimate as to what our ideal candidates are likely to expect in the listed locations. We tailor our offers based on the selected candidate's experience, industry knowledge, technical and communication skills, location and other factors that may prove relevant during the interview process. All ranges are location based, ranges for positions in other locations may vary based on the local market.
Salary: $279,968 - $296,400 Annually
- Job Site: 3315 Scott Blvd, Ste. 250, Santa Clara, CA, 95054
- Send Resumes To: email@example.com or apply at https://boards.greenhouse.io/rdccareers/jobs/5798726003?gh_jid=5798726003
- No calls. EOE.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
Do the best work of your life at Realtor.com
Building your career? Build it better at Realtor.com®. Here, you’ll partner with a diverse team of experts as you use leading-edge tech to empower everyone to meet a crucial goal: finding their way home. And you’ll find your way home too. People are our foundation—the core that drives us passionately forward. At Realtor.com, you’ll bring your full self to work as you innovate with speed, serve our consumers, and champion your teammates. In return we’ll provide you with a warm, welcoming, and inclusive culture; intellectual challenges; and the development opportunities you need to grow.
Diversity is important to us, therefore, realtor.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, realtor.com will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.