Sr Data Engineer
At Realtor.com®, we have among the most comprehensive and accurate coverage of real estate listings and the most engaged users across all the online real estate portals. Our mission is to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Building your career? Build it better at Realtor.com®. Join us and help change the world of real estate, one home at a time.
Job Title: Sr. Data Engineer
Move, Inc. in Santa Clara, CA is seeking experienced Sr. Data Engineers to join the Realtor.com Data Platform team. Individuals will be responsible for developing tools and platforms to collect and process data into our data lake easily, develop systems that ensure data is well defined and trustworthy, and build enabling platforms that make the data easily accessible throughout the company. In addition, this position will also be responsible for incorporating DevOps practices, learning about and leveraging new technologies, and working with an experienced team of engineers.
Job responsibilities and duties will include:
- Work collaboratively in teams composed of Product Managers and Engineers.
- Implement new application features that delight our users.
- Develop reusable components and frameworks for ingestion, cleansing, and data quality using services and tools offered by AWS and other cloud services
- Own the delivery, quality, and reliability of our data platform and act as support for production issues, profile performance, and assist in root cause analysis.
- Make data easily collected and accessible by our Data Platform to users.
- Participate in hackathons and Proof of Concept experiments to continuously improve our delivery.
- Perform presentations of our products/features to internal stakeholders.
- Work in a primarily Agile/Scrum product development process.
This position has no direct reports and does not supervise the work of any other employees.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, or any related Engineering or IT field of study, plus at least five (5) years of post-degree, progressively responsible experience in any related position(s). Employer will accept a foreign degree.
- Qualified applicants must also have demonstrable proficiency, skill, experience, and knowledge with the following:
- Demonstrated experience building data pipelines and platforms.
- Python or Java
- Demonstrated experience in building, testing, and deploying automation technologies.
- Cloud-based architecture, development, and deployment.
- Demonstrated ability in data collecting, streaming, and processing technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Data Structures, SQL, and schema design best practices.
No travel required. Work from home benefit available; must be able to work in office 3 days per week.
At Realtor, we recognize that attracting the best talent is key to our strategy and success as a company. As a result, we aim for flexibility in structuring competitive compensation offers to ensure we are able to attract the best candidates.
The quoted salary represents our good faith estimate as to what our ideal candidates are likely to expect in the listed locations. We tailor our offers based on the selected candidate's experience, industry knowledge, technical and communication skills, location and other factors that may prove relevant during the interview process. All ranges are location based, ranges for positions in other locations may vary based on the local market.
Salary: $283,442 Annually
- Job Site: 3315 Scott Blvd, Ste. 250, Santa Clara, CA, 95054
- Send Resumes To: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply at https://boards.greenhouse.io/rdccareers/jobs/5798712003?gh_jid=5798712003
- No calls. EOE.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
Do the best work of your life at Realtor.com
Building your career? Build it better at Realtor.com®. Here, you’ll partner with a diverse team of experts as you use leading-edge tech to empower everyone to meet a crucial goal: finding their way home. And you’ll find your way home too. People are our foundation—the core that drives us passionately forward. At Realtor.com, you’ll bring your full self to work as you innovate with speed, serve our consumers, and champion your teammates. In return we’ll provide you with a warm, welcoming, and inclusive culture; intellectual challenges; and the development opportunities you need to grow.
Diversity is important to us, therefore, realtor.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, realtor.com will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.