Software Engineer, Sr
At Realtor.com®, we have among the most comprehensive and accurate coverage of real estate listings and the most engaged users across all the online real estate portals. Our mission is to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Building your career? Build it better at Realtor.com®. Join us and help change the world of real estate, one home at a time.
Job Title: Sr. Software Engineer
Job Duties: Move, Inc., a subsidiary of News Corp, is a leading provider of online real estate services and operates the Move network of real estate websites (including realtor.com®, Moving.com, and others) and mobile experiences for consumers and real estate professionals.
We are seeking experienced Sr. Software Engineers to join our team in the Austin, TX office. This position will take ownership of the overall architecture and development of highly scalable ReactJS frontend applications that talk to Node JS API services and Lambda functions.
Job responsibilities and duties include:
- Implement dynamic and interactive pages using ReactJS by consuming REST and GraphQL services.
- Mange a high traffic, high velocity application involving the skills, SEO, page load performance, effective testing strategies.
- Build backend services around advanced machine learning and predictive analytic models.
- Design and operationalize data pipelines using advanced data architectures deployed on Amazon Web Services.
- Optimize our developer toolchain to support instant provisioning of new services and infrastructure, fully automate deployment, and minimize development friction.
- Work in a product development process that is primarily Agile/Scrum.
This position has no direct reports and does not supervise or manage any other personnel.
Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical or Electronic Engineering, or any related IT or Engineering field of study, plus at least five (5) years of post-degree, progressively responsible experience in any related position(s).
Qualified applicants must also have demonstrable proficiency, knowledge, skill, and experience with the following:
- Demonstrated experience developing complex software systems using modern frameworks, tools, and systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge working across the full technical stack, delivering quality code on both frontend and backend.
- Developing software in one or more modern programming languages such as ReactJS or NextJS
- Front-end development
- Building single-page applications
- Demonstrated ability implementing progressive web application and service workers
- Cloud-based architectures, development, and deployment
- One or more cloud technologies: Azure, AWS EC2, ECS, S3, or RDS
No travel required; Work from home benefit available; must be able to work in office 3 days per week
- Job Site: 901 E. 6th Street, Austin, Texas, 78702
- Send Resumes To: email@example.com or apply at https://boards.greenhouse.io/rdccareers/jobs/5799037003?gh_jid=5799037003
- No calls. EOE.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
Do the best work of your life at Realtor.com
Building your career? Build it better at Realtor.com®. Here, you’ll partner with a diverse team of experts as you use leading-edge tech to empower everyone to meet a crucial goal: finding their way home. And you’ll find your way home too. People are our foundation—the core that drives us passionately forward. At Realtor.com, you’ll bring your full self to work as you innovate with speed, serve our consumers, and champion your teammates. In return we’ll provide you with a warm, welcoming, and inclusive culture; intellectual challenges; and the development opportunities you need to grow.
Diversity is important to us, therefore, realtor.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, realtor.com will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.