Senior iOS Engineer
At Realtor.com®, we have among the most comprehensive and accurate coverage of real estate listings and the most engaged users across all the online real estate portals. Our mission is to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Building your career? Build it better at Realtor.com®. Join us and help change the world of real estate, one home at a time.
Are you an experienced iOS Engineer? Are you excited and hungry to make a difference to the millions of people in the US who buy a home each year by delivering beautiful intuitive mobile app experiences? We are looking for a Senior iOS Engineer who would like to make a difference in the products they develop. If you are passionate about building native experiences, designing architectures that scale, writing code with quality in mind and you thrive by collaborating with cross functional teams, this work is for you. Join us as our newest Senior iOS Engineer and help change the world of real estate, one home at a time.
What you’ll do:
- Work collaboratively in a cross functional team to contribute and lead each step of the product development process: from ideation to release; rapidly prototyping, experimenting and delivering solutions that can scale to support millions of users
- Define and evolve the architecture, design and implementation of consumer facing experiences using clean architecture principles
- Connects business and consumer problems to proposed technical solutions. Advocates for delivering high quality, resilient and fault tolerant products to consumers.
- Build a stable and scalable architecture using modern patterns to deliver a first-class mobile product
- Mentors and actively seeks to level up their teammates
- Build with testing best practices to enable us to iterate quickly
How we work
We balance creativity and innovation on a foundation of in-person collaboration. For most roles, our employees work three or more days in our offices, where they have the opportunity to collaborate in-person, adding richness to our culture and knitting us closer together.
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer in the tech industry building products at scale
- 3+ years of experience developing native mobile applications and working within a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong programming skills and up-to-date knowledge of Swift, the iOS SDK, and deep understanding of UIKit
- Experience leading teams, mentoring colleagues, and managing technical projects
- A driven mobile software engineer that is motivated to build great products and a great codebase in a fast-paced environment
- Familiar with mobile product and design life-cycles, and collaborating closely with designers, product managers and backend engineers
- Strong communication skills with a growth and learning mindset
- Strong analytical thinking and ability to make data-driven decisions
- Independent and can manage your own projects and time with ease, all the while setting and managing stakeholder expectations
Nice to haves…
- Experience building software with Redux or other unidirectional state management paradigms
- Experience writing with Combine or other Rx frameworks
- Knowledge of SwiftUI
- Interest in or experience with functional programming concepts
Do the best work of your life at Realtor.com
Building your career? Build it better at Realtor.com®. Here, you’ll partner with a diverse team of experts as you use leading-edge tech to empower everyone to meet a crucial goal: finding their way home. And you’ll find your way home too. People are our foundation—the core that drives us passionately forward. At Realtor.com, you’ll bring your full self to work as you innovate with speed, serve our consumers, and champion your teammates. In return we’ll provide you with a warm, welcoming, and inclusive culture; intellectual challenges; and the development opportunities you need to grow.
Diversity is important to us, therefore, realtor.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, realtor.com will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.