Senior Program Manager
At Realtor.com®, we have among the most comprehensive and accurate coverage of real estate listings and the most engaged users across all the online real estate portals. Our mission is to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Building your career? Build it better at Realtor.com®. Join us and help change the world of real estate, one home at a time.
Are you an expert at driving programs? Are you excited about strategic content initatives? If you want to pursue your professional goals as you help grow an innovative real estate tech company, this work is for you. Join us as our newest Senior Program Manager and help change the world of real estate, one home at a time.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Program Manager for the Content Strategy team to develop and drive program requirements, stakeholder management, operational plans, and timelines related to strategic content initiatives. The ideal candidate has extensive experience collaborating across a diverse set of functional partners to manage complex programs, from initial discovery through completion, with a high degree of accountability and transparency.
We’re looking for someone who can bring structure, insight, and clear expectations to ambiguous, high-impact business challenges - proactively identifying what needs to be done, who they need to work with, and how to drive the project to completion. This candidate will be comfortable presenting recommendations to functional peers and senior leadership, by creating and integrating artifacts that improve the business decision-making process. This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities as well as outstanding business acumen.
You will report to the Director of Content Strategy while partnering with our Legal, Marketing, Sales, Industry Relations, Product Management, Engineering, and PR teams, as well as external industry partners, to drive strategic programs that will enhance realtor.com® | Homes for Sale, Apartments & Houses for Rent ’s property and data content and improve our consumers’ home buying, selling, renting and owning experience.
What you’ll be doing:
- Architect and execute well-defined plans for strategic content initiatives that span across the organization
- Design and implement new or modified processes to meet short-term and long-term goals related to content programs; build on past experience with successful project delivery and stakeholder visibility
- Be the Problem Solver and anticipate future risks and take the lead on defining mitigation strategies in partnership with project stakeholders
- Identify and cultivate formal networks with key decision makers across all levels of the organization
- Communicate complex analysis and insights to stakeholders and senior business leaders, both verbally and in writing
- Develop measures to define progress and ultimate success; establish ongoing reporting requirements and key performance indicators for planning and ultimately realizing intended KPIs
- Serve as the internal SME for the high-visibility initiatives that your managing across functional teams; stepping in to advise other teams working on related projects
- Time Split: About 1/3rd of your time will be spent on Operationalization of the team including collaborating on analytics and sending out internal communications, 1/3rd on Large Programs / Projects for strategic initiatives and/or partnerships, and 1/3rd on helping within the Rentals organization
What you'll bring:
- 8-10+ years of program management or related experience (preferably within a large, matrixed organization)
- Capable of tapping into previous experience and business principles to find inventive ways to approach critical assignments vs. mirroring how it’s been done before
- Ability to shape and managing projects on a cross-functional team
- Exceptional judgment with the ability to determine solutions and influence key stakeholders, based on limited data
- Extensive knowledge of program / project management theory and experience with practical application in support of complex business initiatives
- Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate and influence at an executive level, and have a consistent track record of delivery
- Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, designing process solutions, writing detailed functional specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy solutions, and communicating results throughout the organization
- You are a strategic thinker and creative problem solver with the ability to transform business goals into actionable plans
- You comfortably maintain a balance between attention to detail and swift execution
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary to get things done; works with an owner's mentality
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal communication skills and a high bar for accuracy and detail
Nice to haves:
- Certification in Program Management (e.g. Prince2, PMP, PgMP)
- Knowledge and/or experience with real estate or online platforms
- Worked within a strategy and/or partnerships function at a large organization
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.
Do the best work of your life at Realtor.com
Building your career? Build it better at Realtor.com®. Here, you’ll partner with a diverse team of experts as you use leading-edge tech to empower everyone to meet a crucial goal: finding their way home. And you’ll find your way home too. People are our foundation—the core that drives us passionately forward. At Realtor.com, you’ll bring your full self to work as you innovate with speed, serve our consumers, and champion your teammates. In return we’ll provide you with a warm, welcoming, and inclusive culture; intellectual challenges; and the development opportunities you need to grow.
Diversity is important to us, therefore, realtor.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, realtor.com will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.