Director, Cloud Infrastructure
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, February 2, 2024
Augmedix (Nasdaq: AUGX) delivers industry-leading, ambient medical documentation and data solutions to healthcare systems, physician practices, hospitals, and telemedicine practitioners.
Augmedix is on a mission to help clinicians and patients form a human connection by seamlessly integrating our technology at the point of care. Augmedix’s proprietary platform digitizes natural clinician-patient conversations, which are converted into comprehensive medical notes and structured data in real time. The company’s platform uses automatic speech recognition, and natural language processing, including large language models, to generate accurate and timely medical notes that are transferred into the EHR.
Augmedix’s products relieve clinicians of administrative burden, in turn, reducing burnout, increasing clinician efficiency and improving patient access. Through Augmedix’s proprietary platform and bi-directional communication channel, Augmedix is ideally suited to serve as the vehicle for change at the point of care.
Augmedix is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with offices around the world. To learn more, visit www.augmedix.com.
About The Role:
Are you ready to lead the charge in revolutionizing our technological landscape? Augmedix is seeking a visionary leader to lead infrastructure development for our cloud environments and propel the evolution of our Site Reliability Engineering practice. As the Director of Cloud Infrastructure, you'll stand at the forefront of our cutting-edge advancements in medical documentation technology, shaping the future and building a better experience for patients and clinicians alike.
- Establishing and maintain Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) practice
- Lead and develop a team of 15 cloud engineers in multiple locations
- Enable team’s growth and operations: hiring, compensation, goals and objectives, performance evaluation, and career development
- Accountable for Augmedix’s cloud environments and application 24x7 support, reliability, performance, and compliance
- Define and implement effective cloud infrastructure, services, and applications monitoring and emergency alerting
- Ensure quick recovery from incidents utilizing well defined operational procedures, tools, and efficient communication with various internal and external stakeholders
- Plan, implement, monitor, and test systems and procedures for best practice Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BCDR)
- Define metrics of success and provide operational reports and dashboards utilizing company analytics tools
- Lead a strategy of full automation to eliminate dependency on humans and achieve consistency
- Responsible for maintaining the cybersecurity of all cloud environments, including: compliance and audits, access control and implementation of best practices
- Proactively collaborate with various operational teams on defining SLOs, aligning on processes, tools, and procedures
- Work with software developers, security operations, software architecture, support, platform, and other cross-functional teams on company priorities and roadmap planning for a rapidly growing customer base
- Forecast and monitor cloud resources utilization and associated cost
- Interact with vendors, consultants, partners, and customers to ensure that cloud operations meet the needs of all users of the platform
- Explain cloud architecture, cybersecurity posture and reliability strategies to internal executives and to customers.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related field experience required
- 5+ years of experience and a proven record of success in managing production cloud operations for enterprise SaaS or PaaS companies in public clouds such as AWS, GCP, Azure
- 5+ years of experience and a proven record of success in managing IT operations teams
- 5+ years of experience and a proven record of success in implementing DevOps practices
- 5+ years of software development management experience
- Experience with HIPAA compliance and the security of PHI data preferred
- Familiarity with Healthcare IT standards as well as with Healthcare workflows preferred
- Role may be based in SF Bay Area or remote in PST or CST timezones
- Excellent leadership and management skills with emphasis on mentoring, motivating, and driving a large team to success
- Excellent communicator and presentation skills
- Energetic, motivated, and customer focused
- Exceptional critical and highly analytical thinking skills
- Define a strategy and lead long term plans
- Ability to decompose complex problems, prioritize issues, and implement sensible solutions
- Proficient experience managing outages, customer escalations, crisis management, and other similar circumstances
- Able and willing to work in a fast paced, quickly changing environment
- Able to achieve outcomes in a matrixed environment
- Ability to influence without authority
- Understanding of cybersecurity methodology such as threat modeling, security risk analysis, vulnerability management
- Proven experience in software development and design
- Strong knowledge of cloud infrastructure: compute, networking, storage, and other cloud services
- Solid foundation in Linux/Windows operating systems and tools
- Strong knowledge of IT infrastructure includes switches, routers, firewalls, VPNs, IDS, IPS, Proxy, etc…Proficient with DevOps tools and environments such as Jenkins, Git, GitLab, Ansible, Terraform or similar
- Experience with centralized logging services such as StackDriver , ELK, DataDog, Splunk
- Experience with monitoring tools like StackDriver, NewRelic, Graphite, Nagios, Zabbix.
Augmedix is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, gender identity, race, religious creed, color, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation including being transgender and/or any other protected bases.