Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) - NLP Testing
San Francisco, CA, USA · Remote · San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
Augmedix (Nasdaq: AUGX) delivers industry-leading, ambient medical documentation and data solutions to healthcare systems, physician practices, hospitals, and telemedicine practitioners.
Augmedix is on a mission to help clinicians and patients form a human connection by seamlessly integrating our technology at the point of care. Augmedix’s proprietary platform digitizes natural clinician-patient conversations, which are converted into comprehensive medical notes and structured data in real time. The company’s platform uses automatic speech recognition, and natural language processing, including large language models, to generate accurate and timely medical notes that are transferred into the EHR.
Augmedix’s products relieve clinicians of administrative burden, in turn, reducing burnout, increasing clinician efficiency and improving patient access. Through Augmedix’s proprietary platform and bi-directional communication channel, Augmedix is ideally suited to serve as the vehicle for change at the point of care.
Augmedix is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with offices around the world. To learn more, visit www.augmedix.com.
About the Role:
Augmedix is a leading healthcare technology company dedicated to revolutionizing patient care through innovative software solutions. We are seeking a talented and experienced Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) with a strong background in Natural Language Processing (NLP) testing and expertise in backend services on AWS or GCP.
- Develop, maintain, document, and execute test plans and automated test scripts
- Collaborate with developers, Product Managers, and other team members to understand business requirements to develop manual and automated test strategies that will test ASR and NLP functionality
- Implement test strategies to validate the accuracy and performance of NLP algorithms
- Build and execute functional, integration, performance, scalability tests to ensure our NLP pipelines are working as expected
- Design and create test data (text, speech, etc) as needed to verify diverse user scenariosIdentify, document, and track defects thoroughly, including detailed steps to reproduce
- Maintain detailed documentation of test plans, test cases, and testing results
- Collaborate with developers to prioritize and address reported issues
- Contribute to best practices and continuous improvements approach to development
- Evaluate, recommend and implement automation and/or other QA tools to assist with testing
- Continue to develop NLP, testing, and automation skills through ongoing professional development training, bringing new ideas and solutions to the team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
- Proven experience as an SDET with a focus on NLP testing and cloud services
- Strong programming skills in Python
- Experience with automated testing tools and frameworkKnowledge of cloud servicesFamiliarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Familiarity with API testing principles (Python or Postman).Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Bonus Qualifications:Knowledge and some experience in using LLMs to identify NLP mistakes
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- Health insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Dynamic and collaborative work environment
If you are passionate about quality assurance, possess strong NLP testing skills, and have expertise in testing backend services on the cloud, we invite you to join our innovative team. Apply now by sending your resume.
Augmedix is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, gender identity, race, religious creed, color, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation including being transgender and/or any other protected bases.