Accounting & Finance
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
Augmedix (Nasdaq: AUGX) delivers industry-leading, ambient medical documentation and data solutions to healthcare systems, physician practices, hospitals, and telemedicine practitioners.
Augmedix is on a mission to help clinicians and patients form a human connection at the point of care without the intrusion of technology. Augmedix’s solutions extract data from natural physician-patient conversations and convert it to medical notes in real time, which are seamlessly transferred to the EHR. To achieve this, the company’s Ambient Automation Platform uses Automated Speech Recognition and Natural Language Processing, supported by medical documentation specialists.
Leveraging this platform, Augmedix’s solutions relieve clinicians of administrative burden, in turn, reducing burnout and increasing both clinician and patient satisfaction. Augmedix is also leading the revolution in leveraging point-of-care data by making connections between millions of physician-patient interactions and analyzing them to deliver actionable insights that elevate patient care.
About the Role:
Augmedix is looking for a Senior Accountant to play a key role in helping develop a world-class accounting team. The job responsibilities will quickly evolve as the company continues to grow and we are looking for someone up for the challenge of joining this ever-changing fast-paced company. This position reports to the Global Controller.
- Support the monthly closing process including the preparation of month end journal entries, and account reconciliations for various accounts including but not limited to bank reconciliations, accruals and deferred revenue
- Review semi-monthly payroll and maintain effective communication with internal stakeholders
- Assist with the preparation of financials including variance analysis
- Assist with technical accounting research and documentation of new policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures as well as Sarbanes-Oxley; and review and update applicable SOX documentation as necessary
- Coordinate and assist with external audit requests
- Participate in the external reporting process & SEC filings
- Ad hoc requests and activities, when required
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 4 to 6 years of relevant accounting experience between public accounting and/or SaaS/Software industry
- Excellent knowledge of GAAP and the ability to research accounting topics at an intermediate level when required
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills, both written and verbal
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment while maintaining quality of work
- Ability to effectively work in a multi-location organization and adapt to different cultures
- CPA and Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
- Experience of ASC 606 (Commissions/Revenue), ASC 842 (Leases) and ASC 350 (Cap software for internal use)
- Familiarity with NetSuite, FloQast, ADP, and Expensify a plus
Augmedix is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, gender identity, race, religious creed, color, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation including being transgender and/or any other protected bases.
See more open positions at Augmedix
Something looks off?