Web Marketing Strategist
Are you passionate about websites, customer experience, driving conversions and growth? Do you recognize how important a website is to a company’s marketing and acquisition strategy? Are you creative and love to find new ways to solve old problems? If so this is the job for you.
Asana is looking for a Web Marketing Strategist. Initially reporting to the Head of Web Marketing and working closely with other leaders in marketing, product and design, you’ll bring our marketing vision to life on our Website. You’ll be responsible for partnering with the Creative, Brand, Web Ops and Engineering teams to develop a holistic digital strategy across paid, campaigns, SEO, resources, customer stories, and blog content on asana.com, as well as making sure our Website looks and performs at its best—and most importantly is driving measurable results.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Work closely with the Head of Web Marketing to create and execute a web marketing strategy for owned content aimed at boosting website traffic and enhancing conversion rates.
- Document requirements so Marketing Analytics can refine reports and dashboards to aid in effective data-driven decision-making.
- Continuously optimize and customize web user experiences to increase conversion rates, expedite the sales process, and achieve key performance indicators (KPIs) in areas such as SEO, discoverability, awareness, acquisition, engagement, and pipeline.
- Take ownership of critical content pages and ensure consistent editorial and product messaging standards throughout the website.
- Collaborate with CROs (Conversion Rate Optimization Managers) and the engineering team to drive A/B testing and web personalization that will propel self-service, product-led, and sales-led growth.
- Applying a rigorous analytical approach to assess acquisition funnel metrics, measure campaign performance, and make data-driven improvements.
- Act as a key decision maker, helping to unblock our cross-functional teams, ensuring work is delivered on time and with quality.
- 5+ years experience with web marketing, user acquisition, and demand gen to analyze and produce marketing-sourced leads and pipeline on a high-volume website
- At least 1-2 years of experience as a people manager/lead, either directly or indirectly, to achieve business objectives
- Experience supporting both traditional enterprise and self-serve SaaS marketing pipeline and content, along with incorporating self-serve/freemium consumption apparatus embedded within enterprise B2B web platform
- Strong relationship-building and stakeholder management across different organizations and departments.
- Data-driven approach with strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Familiarity with best-of-breed marketing technology, including a strong understanding of analytics tools, content management systems (preferably Contentful), Marketo, Salesforce, and testing tools
- Experience working with design and delivering visual assets that adhere to brand standards
At Asana, we're committed to building teams that include a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as this is critical to helping us achieve our mission. If you're interested in this role and don't meet every listed requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $182,000 - $232,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws in other locations.