Chief of Staff to COO
As the Chief of Staff to Asana’s COO, you will play a pivotal role in driving strategic planning, operational excellence, data-driven decision-making, and enhancing strategic, Executive customer-facing interactions for our organization. Reporting directly to the COO, you will optimize operational processes, foster collaboration across leadership teams, and use data and analytics to guide decision-making.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you'll achieve
Strategic Planning and Operational Excellence:
- Contribute to the development of annual and multi-year objectives aligning with company-wide goals, utilizing data-driven insights.
- Create strategic and operational frameworks and provide data-driven insights to support and guide the company in making informed decisions.
- Partner with the COO to optimize operational processes, identify improvement areas, and implement data-driven solutions.
- Monitor KPIs, conduct in-depth data analysis, and provide regular updates to the COO and Business leadership, recommending initiatives and actions to address challenges.
- Partner closely with the R&D organization to align business objectives and customer feedback with product roadmap planning and priorities.
- Facilitate communication and collaboration between R&D and business leadership to ensure a seamless integration of technology and business strategy.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive the implementation of high priority strategic initiatives.
- Review, design, and execute improvements to the organizational structure, working closely with the People Team and leveraging data analytics.
- Maintain a strong organizational pulse through data analysis, attend high-level meetings, and translate insights into actionable strategies and deliverables on behalf of the COO.
- Partner with the COO to manage overall Business revenue targets, operating expenses, preparation for quarterly business reviews, board meetings, quarterly earnings calls, and investor meetings.
Data and Analytics:
- Champion a data-driven culture within the organization, advocating for the use of data and analytics to guide decision-making.
- Collaborate with data and analytics teams to leverage data for strategic planning, performance monitoring, and enhancing customer interactions.
- In partnership with Enterprise Technology, drive the development of data-driven dashboards and reports to provide actionable insights for the leadership team.
- Identify trends, opportunities, and potential challenges within the organization and customer engagement and bring recommendations to the COO and Business leadership team.
- Lead the planning and execution of the COO’s strategic customer-facing meetings to enhance relationships and drive business outcomes.
- Collaborate with sales and customer success teams to ensure a seamless and impactful customer engagement experience.
- Partner with the Work Innovation Lab team to leverage data insights to tailor customer interactions, providing valuable insights and solutions.
Communication and Change Management:
- Be responsible for cascading business and customer insights, OKRs, and progress on key initiatives throughout the Business organization, with particular focus on ensuring managers across the organization have the context they need to lead and manage their teams.
- Champion Business and customer priorities and outcomes within the company, supported by data-driven narratives.
- Manage internal and external communications on behalf of the COO.
- Collaborate with Business leadership and People partners to improve employee engagement through data-informed initiatives.
- Track, report, and analyze a portfolio of priorities and objectives within Business, addressing blockers and ensuring objectives are achieved.
- Collaborate with the COO and cross-functional teams to develop clear updates and presentations for internal and external meetings.
- Lead programming, including staff meetings, All Hands, leadership syncs, and leadership offsites.
- Identify and take on ad hoc strategic projects or problem-solving where needed to ensure top Business priorities are met.
- 12-15+ years of total work experience with a proven track record in a strategic or operational role, preferably as a Chief of Staff or Head of Business Operations and planning in a similar position within a B2B SaaS company.
- Strong executive presence and exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with a data storytelling focus.
- Demonstrated leadership and influencing skills, particularly in driving decision-making and customer engagement.
- Experience in building and leading high-performing teams, either directly or indirectly.
- Exceptional data analytics and problem-solving skills, with the ability to synthesize complex data into actionable recommendations.
- Ability to motivate and coach others, foster collaboration, and resolve conflicts among diverse stakeholder groups.
- Exceptional business judgment, with the ability to see the "big picture" and prioritize effectively.
- Comfortable managing change and ambiguity in a dynamic environment.
- Willingness to travel if necessary.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $269,000 - $363,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.