Enterprise Outbound Business Development Representative
We are looking for an Enterprise Outbound Business Development Representative to join our team in San Francisco. Your role is to generate pipeline for the Asana Enterprise customer segment by targeting new contacts and departments to educate them on the value of Asana and initiating new sales cycles. As Asana’s first point of contact, you play a key role in building Asana business cases across new lines of business and creating momentum for large enterprise deployments.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Generate pipeline for enterprise account executives by researching target customer accounts and personas, and creating customized messaging leveraging existing Asana use cases and industry trends across lines of business to drive qualified opportunities and account expansion.
- Leverage multi-channel outbound prospecting approach (calls, emails, social), team sequences, templates, messaging to help build a repeatable process. Proactively implement new & existing processes
- Cultivate value driven conversations with multiple Director and VP level personas across complex cross functional teams and consistently create compelling messaging and events to achieve meeting goals.
- Update activity metrics, meetings, SQO and pipeline on a weekly basis. Proactively identifies gaps between prospecting inputs (calls, emails, social selling, tasks and messaging) and outputs (meetings, SQO’s and Pipeline).
- Understands Asana use-cases, relevant workflows/processes, and ways that Asana can deliver value. Comfortable differentiating Asana from the competition.
- Accurately forecast within a 10% delta by understanding your activity inputs that yield meeting outputs and sales qualified opportunities.
- Implement time management strategy, segmenting time blocks for account research, strategic outreach and scaled Outreach, Enterprise strategy meetings and company meetings.
- Consistently achieve over 100% of quarterly SQO quota and 100%+ YTD quota. This includes equitable distribution of SQO’s across supported AE’s.
- Minimum of 1 year sales development experience with at least 6 months of outbound experience.
- Familiarity with sales tools such as Salesforce, Outreach, ZoomInfo, and LinkedIn Navigator to network with potential customers.
- Proven success in driving outbound prospecting strategy and process to high-level personas and decision makers to achieve pipeline goals.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base pay rate is between $30.29 - $37.02 per hour. The actual rate will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to pay rate, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefit packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.