Capital Markets Senior Associate
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We're looking for an outstanding team member to join Affirm’s Capital Markets team! Affirm Capital is responsible for structuring, negotiating, and executing the capital that funds our originations - a critical part of Affirm’s revenue strategy. As a Capital Markets Senior Associate, you will own a significant portion of the platform’s day-to-day capital activities, which drive Affirm’s ability to scale its consumer point-of-sale lending business globally. This is a complex role essential to the functioning of a consumer finance and payments platform. The ideal team member will have direct experience or a strong base of knowledge in financial services; strong technical and interpersonal skills; and the desire to work closely with both internal and external stakeholders.
What you'll do
- Play a meaningful role in developing and executing on Capital Markets strategy to enable the company’s rapid growth
- Assist in structuring, negotiating, and executing various types of transactions with the goal of growing into a deal leadership role over time
- Take charge of communication with Engineering, Product, Commercial, and Credit/Risk teams to drive scale for Affirm’s capital platform and funding strategy
- Support Capital Markets Leads and Senior Managers in the daily operations of our funding channels, as well as assisting Senior Directors and VP’s with materials for capital partner and Executive Leadership Team meetings
- Build and manage relationships with existing and potential investors
- Develop a strong understanding of Affirm’s business from a unique perspective and learn how Capital Markets fits into broader corporate initiatives
What we look for
- 1-3 years in structured finance, private credit, investment banking, fixed income sales & trading, or another credit-oriented role
- Financial modeling and transaction management experience, along with an understanding of fixed income principles
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- High level of humility, accountability and a strong desire to learn and grow
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Experience with SQL or Python is a plus, but not required
- Clear alignment with Affirm’s core values
Pay Grade - USA48
Employees new to Affirm or promoted into a new role, typically begin in the min to mid range.
USA On Target Earnings (CA, WA, NY, NJ, CT) per year:
USA On Target Earnings (all other U.S. states) per year:
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
[For U.S. positions that could be performed in Los Angeles or San Francisco] Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, Affirm will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.